- Responsible for creating
technical product information and specifications that accurately represent
the product and meets the expectation of the product manager. This includes
managing not only content creation, but the review process.
- Ensures content reflects
the appropriate style, grammar and syntax required for technical
communication pieces. Responsible for the selection of drawings, graphics,
photographs and other images to be incorporated into technical manuals,
product brochures, promotional materials and online pages.
- Interfaces with
engineering, product development, marketing and sales groups to develop
technical information, text, specifications and other data relating to the
introduction, explanation, specification and application of the Company’s
- Researches engineering
information such as engineering drawings, design reports, test data, and
field evaluations. Converts
information into formatted text and specifications.
- Responsible for the
creation of technical product informati for marketing outlets such as print,
website, electronic catalogs, mobile applications and other electronic
- Works closely with other
Marketing Staff in the development of sales, marketing and product training
presentations and meeting materials to support sales efforts including
training, product launches, product applications, customer presentations,
lead and demand generation efforts.
- Serves as the key supplier
of technical information to the Marketing, Sales and Customer Service departments,
distributors, vendors, outside product catalog publishers, online catalog
services and trade magazines.
- Ethics, Values, Integrity & Trust - Adheres and acts in line with
CPI core values.
- Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses high level of skill,
knowledge and ability in assigned functional area.
- Safety – Complies with company safety rules and regulations. Takes a proactive approach to identify and
eliminate safety hazards.
- Customer Focus - Gives high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Interpersonal Skills - Uses diplomacy and tact. Uses collaborative skills.
- Action Oriented & Adaptability - Takes initiative; acts promptly;
- Ownership & Accountability - Proactively models, guards and
demonstrates all of CPI’s core values.
- Priority Setting, Planning & Organizing- Uses resources
effectively and efficiently.
- Problem Solving & Creativity - Uses logic and methods to solve
problems with effective solutions.
Develops new and unique ideas.
- Listening, Informing and Written Communications - Practices attentive
and active listening. Shares
information. Presents ideas and facts
clearly and effectively in writing.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or Education or B.A. degree in
Communications, Marketing, English Literature or similar curriculum or
- Four (4) years minimum experience in technical writing
preferred. Requires experience within
a manufacturing-based organization. Experience in/understanding of communications
industry preferred. Rack, cabinet,
power and cable pathway product application knowledge highly desirable.
- Must have strong verbal and new media communication skills.
- Must be able to convey technical information and provide innovative
ideas via the written word.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel) and Adobe
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and reports;
visualize, describe and explain complex component assemblies and
applications. Knowledge of SolidWorks or other CAD software and engineering
document structure is a plus.
- Marketing publication experience; previous technical design
experience with knowledge of document structure and training development.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills with a
strong track record of success in sourcing information and taking projects
from concept to completion.
- Must be creative, flexible and possess the ability to juggle multiple
- Works independently under strict deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to work across
functional teams to achieve group goals.