WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif. – April 15, 2004 – Chatsworth Products, Inc. (CPI), a 100% employee-owned leading manufacturer of structural support systems for technology equipment, announces The Global Standard Pack. The new product combines structural support and cable management into one package, containing CPI’s improved, industry-leading Standard Rack and the easy-to-use, cost-effective Global Vertical Cabling Section (GVCS). By purchasing the products as a single unit instead of individually, contractors and end users can save up to 28% in costs.
Additional benefits of the system include:
- The UL Listed Standard Rack complies with industry safety standards and bid specifications. In addition, composite cable management fingers on the GVCS are UL 94V-0 fire-rated. The fingers also have smooth, rounded edges to help meet EIA/TIA bend radius and prevent cables from tears and stretching.
- RMU markings on the rack simplify equipment installation, so contractors and installers can specify mounting locations without measuring or counting holes.
- Patented cable guide fingers spaced at 1 RMU intervals create seamless cable transitions from the rack-mount space.
- A sturdy snap-on, hinged cover is included for each cabling section, resulting in a closed, finished appearance.
- Customers can select packages with 3.65”W or 6”W cabling sections. Two cabling sections can be used either on both sides of the rack or installed back-to-back for a double-sided system. Cabling sections have seven 2.5”-diameter pass-through ports. More vertical and horizontal cabling sections can be easily added.
The Global Standard also includes a Rack Installation Kit for Concrete Floor. For a limited time, customers will also receive a free 1 RMU Universal Horizontal Cable Manager, which aligns perfectly with the GVCS.