Well-managed and maintained networking cables and cords are critical to successful data center or computer room operation.
Additionally, organized cables can be easily traced from start to finish, making moves, adds and changes (MACs) easy, which saves valuable time and money.
Here are four basic steps in building a reliable and flexible network solution:
- What type of equipment will be supported?
- Does it require two- or four-point support, threaded or square-punched mounting, or a high load support?
- What type and how much cable will be used?
- Is a feature-rich solution such as the Evolution® Cable Manager needed?
- Or is a more basic solution like Vertical Cabling Section required?
- Do you need a 1U, 2U or 3U manager?
- Do you need the extra capacity of a double-sided manager?
- Or is a more simple solution using jumper trays, wire management panels, rings or fingers sufficient?
- Additional products may be needed to manage large amounts of cable. These include cable spools, lashing bars, Saf-T-Grip Strips, brackets and more.
Properly managing and maintaining cables and cords provides the critical support, reliability and flexibility needed to sustain and grow a network.
Download the Cable Management Brochure for a complete product listing, or download the Quick Reference Guide.