When considering the type of cable pathway that is needed to sustain and grow your network capabilities, there are several factors to consider. Things to keep in mind include, load capacity, grounding requirements, materials used, as well as the adaptability for future growth.
Two types of cable pathway include cable runway and wire mesh cable trays. Let’s examine the benefits of each, to help determine which solution is best for your infrastructure needs.
Wire Mesh Cable Tray
- Made of steel for strength and support
- Provides continuous support for the entire length of the cable
- Open on the top, bottom and sides, allowing cables to easily enter and exit the pathway
- Creates a smooth pathway turns by using Radius Bends, E-bends and Corner Brackets
- Best for supporting backbone and horizontal cables between the point of entry and exit into telecommunications or equipment rooms
- Can be the basic building blocks for creating cable pathways
- Wire basket design is constructed of steel for strength and support
- Provides point-to-point pathway for network cabling in data centers, network equipment rooms and office spaces
- Installs quickly and can be cut to form smooth curved transitions around obstacles
- Allows to route cables under access floors or above acoustic ceilings to create hidden pathways for cables
- Open design allows to easily add cable drop-offs and can easily be modified
Cable Runway and Tray Products
Chatsworth Products' (CPI) Cable Runway and Tray products provide simple and effective pathway solutions to easily manage and protect cables, while maximizing network infrastructure uptime. With a variety of options and accessories available, CPI Cable Runway and Tray products can be tailored to meet the specific requirements of each facility and are adaptable for future growth.
OnTrac® Wire Mesh Cable Tray
CPI's OnTrac® Wire Mesh Cable Tray creates point-to-point pathway for network cabling in data centers, network equipment rooms and office spaces.
Shaped Tray is the best choice for high-density cabling applications because it features flattened cross wires to provide a larger surface for supporting cables.
Key Features and Benefits
- Easy-to-use pathway solution that supports large quantities of network cables
- Features unique flattened cross wires, which increase cable support by providing a much larger contact surface for cables
- Can be cut and formed to create smooth curved transitions around obstacles
- Cable trays can be used above the drop ceiling or under access floors to create a hidden pathway for network cables
- Available in multiple widths and depths to match cable fill requirements
- Easy to splice and bond together
- Support trays from the floor, ceiling, wall or the tops of racks and cabinets
- Pre-Galvanized Finish is UL Classified
Find out more about CPI’s OnTrac Wire Mesh Cable Tray by visiting the product page or quickly compare CPI's wire mesh cable tray and runway products using this handy Quick Reference Guide.