With today’s high-density applications, power management has become an integral part of the overall data center solution. Consolidation and virtualization require an approach that permits full use of rack space, provides redundancy and allows future growth.
As you scale your network, your approach to rack power distribution and monitoring should also evolve. The first step is to upgrade basic power distribution units (PDUs) to an intelligent PDU that can automate close monitoring and control of each piece of equipment in the rack. This will help you minimize cost while increasing efficiency.
At CPI, we’ve developed a line of intelligent power monitoring solutions that meets all the demands of enterprise data centers of today and the future.
From intelligent eConnect® PDUs, to Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) to comprehensive DCIM software, CPI intelligent power solutions live by the adage – knowledge is power.
How much it costs to power your data center lives in direct relation to how energy-efficient your equipment is, how well you monitor your power output and usage and how quickly you respond to downtime. With CPI eConnect PDUs, you have the ability to:
- Monitor real-time power usage at the rack or device level with as little as ±1 percent metering accuracy
- Deploy in high-density applications with an impressive temperature threshold as high as 149°F (65°C), and the option to have up to 60 outlets per PDU, while maintaining a low-profile design
- Provide intuitive enterprise reporting across your power infrastructure using an interactive screen that provides notifications, authentications and other critical functionality for SNMP v3 and IPv6 protocols
- Save thousands of dollars through Secure Array ™ technology by connecting any combination of up to 32 networked PDUs using a single IP address
- Integrate with DCIM software to track power use over time and report costs of activities
Preventing downtime and planning for the future go hand in hand in today’s market. Identifying areas of improvement and making informed decisions with the data your intelligent PDU collects, not only help prevent downtime, but also allow for capacity planning and provisioning.
Our vendor-neutral DCIM software provides the information and controls you need to fully utilize your existing infrastructure resources, while alerting you to trouble before it causes downtime. With out-of-the-box compatibility with eConnect PDUs, Power IQ (PIQ) for eConnect allows you to:
- Utilize power and cooling resources efficiently and improve PUE
- Make informed power and capacity planning decisions
- Monitor data center health to prevent costly unplanned downtime
- Monitor devices at the outlet level if used with eConnect Monitored Pro and Switched Pro models
Environmental sensors provide continuous environmental, power and security monitoring in your data centers and equipment rooms in a single platform. The RIM System allows for:
- Interconnectivity with building management systems
- Integrated view of all facility equipment using a simple web interface
- Remote monitoring, recording and analysis of temperature and humidity, pressure and airflow, security and safety conditions