In response to the increase in newer, more sensitive, highly integrated electronic equipment, Chatsworth Products (CPI) offers a comprehensive line of UL® Listed grounding and bonding products, which help prevent transient voltage from damaging sensitive electronic equipment.
Here’s a valuable checklist with top recommendations and considerations for your Grounding and Bonding system:
- Select a Busbar for each Equipment Room and Telecommunications Room with sufficient connections for equipment and the Telecommunications Grounding System
- Add Busbars to Racks and Cabinets that support equipment that requires bonding to the Telecommunications Grounding System (most network switches and some patch panels require grounding)
- Bond each Rack and Cabinet to the Busbar using Ground Wires, Jumpers and Straps
- Bond Cable Runway and Tray across splices and to the Busbar using Ground Wires, Jumpers and Straps
- Bond raised floor pedestals bonded together and to the Busbar using Pedestal Clamps
- Use Joint Compound when making bonding connections between metal surfaces on Racks, Cabinets, Cable Runway, Cable Tray and Busbars
Large-scale, rapidly occurring electric arcing is a significant contributor to data disruption and damage to equipment. In minor cases, data is disruption occurs or devices are reset. In major cases, damage to equipment can happen.
Having a reliable grounding and bonding system in place, and controlling the ESD/surge paths certainly aid in minimizing the impact and or damage or your equipment.
For more details on CPI’s Grounding and Bonding products, go to the product page, or download the Application Sheet.