When Chatsworth Products, Inc. (CPI) introduced CPI Passive Cooling® Solutions in 2006, the blueprint for optimal thermal management at the cabinet level was forever changed. The ability to isolate, re-direct and recycle hot exhaust air would revolutionize the idea of cooling within the data center, and in the process, lower cooling costs by up to 90 percent.
Now, CPI is once again revolutionizing data center cooling with the introduction of Aisle Containment Solutions, which expands the focus of total air isolation into a full-scale separation of both hot exhaust and treated cold airflow throughout cabinets all the way up to an entire room of high density data center equipment.
Paired with CPI's F-Series TeraFrame® Cabinet, N-Series TeraFrame® Network Cabinet or GF-Series GlobalFrame® Cabinet , CPI's pre-engineered Aisle Containment Solutions are available in either a Hot or Cold Aisle configuration, designed for ease-of-assembly and maximum sealing performance, and come equipped with architectural aluminum sliding doors with an auto-closing mechanism for truly state-of-the-art convenience. Benefits of CPI Aisle Containment Solutions include:
- Eliminate hot spots
- Support 4x higher heat and power densities (6 kW to 30+ kW)
- Effectively utilize 100% of supplied air and reduces chilled air waste
- Improve CRAC efficiency because of higher supply-to-return temperature differences (Delta T's)
- Allow increased room temperature and higher set points on cooling equipment and chilled water temperatures, resulting in less electricity consumption using low-cost economizers
- Provide flexibility for supply air delivery through the ceiling, wall or floor
Containment Configuration Options:
- Cold Aisle Containment (CAC) Solution - isolates the cold air, preventing it from mixing with the hot air in an entirely closed off area targeted at cooling equipment instead of the room.
- Hot Aisle Containment (HAC) Solution - isolates the hot aisle, captures the hot exhaust air from IT equipment and directs it back to the CRAC/CRAH, keeping it segregated from the cold air.
In CPI's latest case study, the BendBroadband Vault in Oregon was one of the first to implement CPI Aisle Containment Solutions - read the story here or watch a special video interview discussing the impact of aisle containment on this data center's award-winning success.
If you're interested in this state-of-the-art thermal solution, visit our Aisle Containment webpage, where you can browse a special sales sheet, request our latest data center brochure and more. When you're ready, CPI is standing by to develop a personalized solution that includes a complete bill of material and support drawings.