5/24/2016 11:45:10 AM
Is Your Data Center Ready for the Internet of Things?
Luca Rozzoni, Chatsworth Products’ (CPI) Sr. Product Manager for Europe, will answer this question during the 2016 BICSI UK & Ireland, June 22, at the Barbican Conference Center in London, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
His presentation, “The Internet of Things (IoT) Enabled by Resourceful Data Center Thermal Management Strategies,” will describe how the IoT is causing network connectivity to become more complex. As a result, IT networks that are willing to support the rapid expansion of IoT need to be smarter and function more efficiently. Additionally, data center operators will also need to rethink the way capacity and efficiency are managed.
Rozzoni will also discuss what organizations need to consider to achieve thermal efficiencies in data centers, as well as how to mitigate risks, reduce power usage and increase floor space with thermal management strategies, such as Passive Cooling® technology from CPI. Rozzoni has been in the telecommunications industry for over 16 years is also a BICSI-registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD).
Wednesday, 22 June
CPI Presentation: 2 p.m.
The Barbican Conference Centre in London
To register to attend the BICSI event, click here. To learn more about data center products and solutions, visit the website.
5/20/2016 7:31:30 AM
Another important milestone marks Chatsworth Products’ (CPI) successful history this year: our Canadian branch celebrates five years helping companies in the Great White North to protect their technology investments.
As an employee-owned company that continues to grow on a global scale, CPI’s Canada office has become the best local resource for IT infrastructure products and solutions.
Located in the Toronto suburb of Vaughan, Ontario, the state-of-the-art Product Showroom and Customer Conference Center is a generously equipped base of operations for meeting all of Canada’s most pressing IT needs.
During these past five years, we have hosted more than 1,200 industry professionals and helped companies successfully accomplish their IT infrastructure projects.
So, as a thank you for being partners in our accomplishments, our staff is preparing a two-day event filled with food, fun and prizes, including a $500 gift card each day.
Event: Open House/BBQ
Date(s): Wednesday and Thursday, June 22 and 23
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Location: Chatsworth Products
81 Zenway Blvd., Unit 1, Vaughan, Ontario
If you are interested in attending this event, please RSVP by June 10, or by calling 905-880-7770. Don't forget to Like our page on Facebook to see some photos of our Canadian office in action.
Here’s to an exciting future for Chatsworth Products in Canada!
5/18/2016 9:35:23 AM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) proudly announces Power IQ®, a software solution compatible with CPI eConnect® Power Distribution Units (PDUs) for advanced data center monitoring. Power IQ for eConnect is a co-branded collaboration with Sunbird Software, an innovator in software solutions that simplify data center management.
This joint solution provides data center managers with a robust yet simplified monitoring capability, allowing them to optimize power efficiencies and metrics such as Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE), bill for energy and power capacity.
Power IQ for eConnect complements CPI’s eConnect rack-mount PDUs by adding intelligence and analytics to the physical infrastructure, creating a smarter data center environment that has the ability to deliver substantial cost savings while improving the delivery of critical business applications, according to Jennifer Cooke, Research Director, IDC.
“Chatsworth Products is pleased to offer our global customers a market proven tool that provides critical insight and reporting across the entire power infrastructure,” stated Ted Behrens, Executive Vice President of Global Engineering, Product Management & Marketing for CPI.
Power IQ for eConnect provides a single pane of glass to make it easier to automatically manage the condition and capacity of data centers via monitoring critical infrastructure devices including CPI's eConnect PDUs, as well as many other manufacturers’ CRACs, UPSs, PDUs, RPPs, meters, branch circuits, racks, rack PDUs and environment sensors.
Additionally, Power IQ supports CPI’s Secure Array™ IP Consolidation, which allows users to link up to 32 eConnect PDUs under a single IP address using standard Ethernet cables, reducing time and costs. Power IQ for eConnect software can be easily deployed as a standalone Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) solution.
Power IQ for eConnect is available worldwide through CPI’s network of global distribution, reseller, contractor and system integrator partners. To take a test drive, visit the product page.
5/16/2016 7:53:47 AM
Join Chatsworth Products (CPI) and Corning on June 9 for a free one-day seminar sponsored by the Elite Advantage Program to discuss the latest trends and technologies in data centers and local area networks (LANs). The event will take place at the Santa Clara Marriott, in Santa Clara, Calif.
Sessions run from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. PDT and qualify for BICSI continuing education credits (CECs). Seating is limited so please ensure that you register by the deadline on May 26.
- Transceiver technology roadmap and solutions
- Local area network (LAN) design
- Base 8 cabling advantages and wide band multi-mode fiber
- IT equipment availability and low cost of operation with CPI data center solutions
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Also, an interactive product symposium will be taking place, where you will have the opportunity to speak with leading technology experts.
For the complete agenda and to register, click here.
5/6/2016 11:38:04 AM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) is pleased to announce the release of the 2016 CPI Product Catalog, which includes the latest CPI infrastructure innovations since the 2015 edition.
New products include:
Patent-pending Click Secure Technology locks straight power cords into place, reducing the chances of accidental power disconnection.
Features unique, movable Cross Members that allow components and accessories to be installed at various points along the runway, simplifying the alignment of cabling above racks, cabinets and cable managers.
Designed to protect and secure network and telecommunications equipment at remote or smaller locations.
Creates a security partition around your equipment in shared facility spaces.
The CPI Mini Catalog App is currently being updated to match the CPI print catalog, and we will announce these updates as soon as they are ready.
Request a print copy, or download a PDF copy now (20 MB).
5/5/2016 9:23:50 AM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) now offers horizontal versions of its popular eConnect® Power Distribution Units (PDUs). Horizontal eConnect PDUs provide the ability to mount PDUs in the rack horizontally in situations when it is beneficial to have outlets at the top or bottom of cabinets for quick access.
Available in Monitored and Switched PDU functionalities, Horizontal eConnect PDUs allow users to monitor power at the branch phase level, or switch outlets on and off at the outlet level. A variety of plug and outlet choices are available.
Horizontal eConnect PDUs are ideal for medium- to low-density telecommunications and premise equipment rooms that require fewer connections. Horizontal PDUs are 2U with 10-12 outlets, and include 19-inch EIA mounting brackets for easy installation.
Key functionalities include:
- Ability to monitor and control power remotely
- Secure Array™ Technology allows up to 32 PDUs to be connected under a single IP address
- Threshold setting feature notifies users when power, temperature or humidity reach low or high critical levels
- Temperature and humidity monitoring are possible when equipped with optional probes (2 per PDU)
- Switched Models allow for prevention of accidental or unauthorized power use, as users have the ability to force outlets off
CPI Horizontal eConnect PDUs provide the ultimate solution for cabinet level power distribution in telecommunications rooms. eConnect PDUs are made in the United States to provide you with quick delivery of quality products. Preinstallation and customization is also available without extended lead times.
Download the Monitored or the Switched Data Sheet, for more information.
5/3/2016 5:56:14 AM
A reliable network is foundational to the success of every business, so it’s vital to keep all IT equipment powered at all times so that employees—even those in remote locations—have equal access to all business applications, information and tools.
With fewer resources available, small to medium-sized companies are now relying on remote or colocation data centers to house their IT assets. While colocation providers deliver and maintain most of the upstream electrical infrastructure, rack power distribution often times is the responsibility of customers themselves.
With the right solution, business owners can still have insight into crucial power usage that ultimately affects their bottom line.
Rack power distribution units (PDUs) that allow users to remotely monitor power availability, usage and the overall health of equipment, while letting them take action remotely are key IT assets for today’s small and medium businesses. A huge financial benefit, for example, is to be able to remotely recycle power to hung up equipment or to turn equipment off when not in use through a rack PDU with monitoring and switching capabilities.
Chatsworth Products’ (CPI) intelligent eConnect® Power Distribution Units (PDUs) deliver business owners the peace of mind that their assets are well protected. eConnect PDUs allow IT managers to remotely monitor and control power from one location using LAN or SNMP, ensuring continual power delivery regardless of location.
eConnect PDUs vary from basic sources of power to highly intelligent units that are capable of handling multiple functions such as continuous monitoring of voltage, current, power and power factor measurements for total PDU usage, alarm threshold setting, temperature and humidity setup, and more.
- Intelligent Remote Monitoring - eConnect includes a browser-based interface with features that allow remote monitoring of PDUs and outlets, grouped devices view, thresholds setting, metrics logging, alarm notification setup and more.
- Disconnection Protection - Patent-pending Click Secure Locking Outlet technology locks straight power cords into place, reducing the chances of accidental power disconnection.
- Secure Array™ IP Consolidation - Save money and reduce installation time by linking up to 32 PDUs under one IP address.
- Switching Capability - PDUs with switching capabilities enable users to remotely switch on and off, and recycle power at each outlet, thus minimizing disruptions.
- Horizontal Configuration - Available in Monitored and Switched models.
- Easy Installation - Universal tool-less mounting and complimentary preinstallation options are available with all cabinet orders.
- Integrated environmental monitoring. eConnect provides capability to attach temperature and humidity sensors to constantly monitor vital environmental parameters that could affect IT equipment performance and availability.
From basic, monitored and switched models, eConnect is the intelligent solution for businesses that want to ensure their power can support today’s needs and the unknown challenges of the future.
Visit the CPI Online Catalog to browse and compare CPI’s full line of intelligent PDUs.
4/28/2016 7:58:38 AM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) conducts a variety of in-person training courses that are recognized for BICSI Continuing Education Credits (CECs) to help BICSI credential holders in the data center industry expand their knowledge base, and keep their credentials up to date. Courses take place year-round in various locations throughout the world.
CPI's expert training services are mobile, meaning we can bring the training straight to you for personalized, educational sessions on-site. Shown in the picture is a recent on-site training performed in Chicago.
These courses are presented by CPI’s highly-trained and experienced professionals. Many of our employees hold various industry certifications and participate on advisory boards and technical committees. In order to receive CECs, attendees must take classes in person.
BICSI-approved courses include:
- Benefits for Data Center Advanced Airflow Management – 1 credit
- Implications of ASHRAE Guidelines on Data Center Design – 2 credits
- Operational Benefits of Data Center Airflow Containment – 1 credit
- Optimum Data Center Temperature – 3 credits
- The Foundation: Cabinet and Containment Airflow Management – 1 credit
- Updated Economics of Airflow Management (Advanced) – 2 credits
- Ramifications of ASHRAE Guidelines on Data Center Design – 1 credit
CPI boasts state-of-the-art training facilities at its offices around the world. Our Research, Development & Training (RD&T) center in Georgetown, Texas, offers a fully equipped training center for effectively training CPI employees, partners and customers. Up to 125 guests can enjoy a complete audio visual experience.
In Mexico City, we provide trainings at our Centro de Diseno y Alta Tecnologia (CDAT), where you can get hands-on interaction with our latest products. In-person trainings are also conducted at our Canada, U.K. and Shanghai offices.
For full course descriptions, visit the CPI Training Page. For more information about CPI's training services and calendar, or to schedule training in your area, simply contact your local CPI Sales Manager or Pam Bunn, CPI’s Training Manager.
4/25/2016 11:57:52 AM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) recently introduced two new tools that will make your eConnect® Power Distribution Unit (PDU) selection process a lot easier. Additionally, a handful of other tools have been updated to include the latest features such as Click Secure Technology, which prevents accidental disconnections, and Secure Array™ IP Consolidation, allowing users to link up to 32 PDUs under a single IP address.
eConnect PDU Overview (NEW)
Get a high-level overview of the main features, including Secure Array IP consolidation, temperature ratings, intelligent monitoring, outlet capability and more. High-quality images allow you to visualize local features such as LCD screen display, serial ports and outlets, or view an installation of eConnect within a cabinet.
If you need assistance selecting which model of eConnect is right for your application, this is the tool you need. The eConnect Quick Reference Guide makes product selection easier by providing side-by-side comparisons of key features, dimensions and more. Example part numbers and recommended accessories are also listed.
The eConnect PDU Product Selector is a simple and user-friendly tool that lets you choose your eConnect PDU according to your power requirements. This tool allows you to narrow down options based on your requirements, compare up to four PDUs at once, and then email or print the results.
This document provides minimum composition requirements and installation methods for the eConnect PDUs.
Access the product page for complete data sheets for each model of eConnect PDU, and learn more about their characteristics, key features, specifications, components, dimensions, and ordering information.
The easy-to-use Product Configurator guides you through the steps and selections necessary to add a power product to your enclosure before it ships.
eConnect Software Demo
Gain a better understanding of the built-in eConnect software. This software demo allows you to test the intuitive functionality of the eConnect product line. Navigate the browser-based software and learn more about individual features such as branch and outlet power measurement, alarm states, outlet grouping, and more.
4/21/2016 11:52:23 AM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) Global Technology Consultant, Ian Seaton, will present “High-Performance Data Center for High-Performance Building” during the High-Performance Building + Workplaces Conference, May 3 – 4 at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas.
Seaton will discuss ASHRAE guidelines and research studies for a data center design decision process resulting in lowest total cost of ownership and optimum energy efficiency. The session will take place May 3 at 3:10 p.m. in Room 9A.
More specifically, Seaton will discuss how to:
- Articulate the differences between comfort cooling and data center cooling
- Apply the different data center class temperature thresholds to the process of evaluating relative merits of competing design concepts
- De-couple inherent power usage effectiveness (PUE) errors from total building energy use estimates
- Calculate the impact on computer equipment reliability of specific building design strategies
Don’t forget to visit CPI at Booth 410 to talk to our experts about the latest solutions for a sustainable and efficient data center.
Register for this free event here.
4/18/2016 12:55:38 PM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) recently obtained pre-approval of Manufacturer's Certification (OPM) from the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) for the following four popular products:
The OPM program is a voluntary program for review and pre-approval of seismic design of supports and attachments for nonstructural components to be used in health facilities construction in California. OPM should be referenced in Construction Documents for California Building Code 2013 based projects and may also be used for guidance in International Building Code 2012 based projects outside of California.
CPI also holds Pre-Approval of Anchorage (OPA) numbers and for several of our IT infrastructure products. However, the OPA program was discontinued March 1, 2013. Existing OPAs can be used for projects based on the code cycle under which OPAs were approved.
Reduce OSHPD approval cycle and keep your projects on track by specifying an OPM pre-approved product.
CPI will continue to submit equipment to OSHPD to obtain additional OPM number designations for CPI Products. To view the entire list of OPM and OPA approved products, go here.
4/13/2016 12:59:51 PM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) invites you to two international BICSI Conferences in May. Visit Booth 315 at the 2016 BICSI Canadian Conference & Exhibition in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, May 2-5 at the Scotiabank Convention Centre. Or, if you’re down in South America, CPI will be at DataNet Bicsi Andino, in Bogota, Colombia, May 4-5 at Booth 304.
By attending these events, you can gain insight into technologies and local industry trends, as well as network with peers from all over the world. Also, learn about CPI latest releases such as:
- eConnect® Power Distribution Units – Now include Click Secure Locking Outlet options to help prevent accidental disconnections. Additionally, Secure Array IP Consolidation™ is now available, allowing the use of a single IP address for up to 32 connected PDUs.
- Adjustable Cable Runway – Features unique, movable Cross Members, which allow components and accessories to be installed at various points along the runway, simplifying the alignment of cabling above racks, cabinets and cable managers.
- Two-Post Racks with Cable Management – CPI’s industry-leading Two-Post racks support equipment and cabling with unsurpassed strength, stability and durability.
At BICSI Andino, Victor Bañuelos, CPI’s Technical Manager, CDCDP™, Uptime Institute Accredited Tier Designer, will discuss the comparison of various data center cooling systems such as Hot Aisle Containment, Cold Aisle Containment and Vertical Exhaust Ducts.
CPI participates in a variety of industry events throughout the globe to share knowledge, present new products and network with customers. Contact our local offices in Mexico and Canada for more information on these events.
Don’t forget to like and visit our Facebook page to see pictures of the latest shows, including Data Centre World, which is taking place this week in London.
4/11/2016 11:41:27 AM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) designed the Standard Wall-Mount Cabinet with unique features that make installation simple and easy.
As you will see in the video below, this storage and security solution for network equipment at smaller or remote worksites provides a variety of options, sizes and upgrades to help you meet your requirements.
Here are the main features highlighted in the video:
- Constructed from a series of panels that mount together through a unique hook-and-slot system, the Wall-Mount Cabinet is quick and easy to assemble.
- Adjustable depth 19”EIA square-punched mounting rails can be located anywhere from front to back. An additional back rail on the back panel allows for support of four-post mounted devices.
- Traditional d-ring cable managers are included and can be installed inside or outside the U space.
- Lashing bracket is useful for routing cables through either the back or through the glam plate at the top
- Fan kit option allows for improved airflow.
- Two-point bonded construction facilitates grounding.
- Pre-provisioned holes accept CPI’s Electronic Lock Kit System, allowing quick and secure access to anyone who has the code.
Watch the full video now.
4/6/2016 11:41:17 AM
Join Chatsworth Products (CPI) April 19 – 20 at the Marriott Marquis, New York, for DatacenterDyanmics Enterprise 2016.
Ashish Moondra, CPI Sr. Product Manager of Power, Electronics & Software, will present “Increasing the Role of Intelligent Rack Power Distribution Units (PDUs) for Power and Environmental Management in Enterprise Data Centers, Computer Rooms and Closets.”
His presentation will cover how intelligent rack PDUs play an important role in power and environmental management faced in high-density environments. The presentation will also cover cost-effective ways to deploy intelligent rack PDUs.
Visit CPI at Booth 503 to interact with the latest data center products, such as eConnect® PDUs, which now include new innovative capabilities such as Secure Array™ IP Consolidation and Click Secure Locking Outlets that prevent accidental disconnections. Also, check out the N-Series TeraFrame® Gen 3 Network Cabinet, Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) System and more.
Visit the conference website for more details.
4/4/2016 8:29:59 AM
Ideal for use in telecommunications rooms and busy places where there is little floor space, CUBE-iT PLUS® Wall-Mount Cabinet secures and protects communications equipment for a cross connect or consolidation point, while providing exceptional strength and rigidity. CUBE-iT PLUS is ideal for retail, education and health care industries, where traffic is high and equipment safety is a concern.
CUBE-iT PLUS Cabinet is a wall-mounted, swing-out cabinet that secures and protects equipment mounted to vertical mounting rails inside the cabinet body. The cabinet can be attached to swing open from the right or left. The open and close motion is smooth, and the hasp used to secure the cabinet body to the rear panel assists in drawing the body components together during the locking action.
Other features include:
- A rear panel for terminating cable is pre-punched along the top and bottom with conduit knockouts, allowing communications and power cables to be securely routed into the cabinet.
- The main cabinet body includes a pair of adjustable depth 19" EIA threaded equipment mounting rails that can be used to support interconnect equipment and/or active components.
- The sides of the cabinet body are vented and accept an accessory fan and filter kits to improve airflow.
- Available in stock for quick purchasing.
For a complete solution, also consider:
- Attaches over the vents in the side of the Cube-iT PLUS Cabinet.
- Draws air into the cabinet, pressurizing the cabinet and forcing warm air out of the side vents.
- Fan Filter Kit reduces dust and can be mounted internally for security or externally for convenience.
- Strips feature thermal circuit breakers and optional surge protection. Both features are critical with unconditioned line power.
- Adhere foam Corner Cushions to cover the exposed leading edges of racks for added protection from occasional "bumps."
Don’t forget to take advantage of the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) eRate program, which makes billions of dollars available for internal connections and WI-Fi infrastructure in U.S. grades K-12 and public libraries. CPI CUBE-iT Plus is a perfect solution for these environments.
Extending your network? Protect your telecommunications equipment, even in busy places. For more information and to order, please visit the CPI Online Catalog, and find one of our distributor partner locations.
3/29/2016 12:26:18 PM
Located in an area highly prone to earthquakes, construction of critical facilities in California, such as hospitals and national defense structures, must undergo specific building codes and installation requirements to ensure the safety of people and equipment. Seismic products installed in these buildings must also comply with stringent guidelines.
This wasn’t such the case back in 2002, when more than 1,300 acute care hospital buildings in California posed significant risk of collapsing during a strong earthquake, according to a report by the state’s Office of Statewide Health Planning & Development (OSHPD).
The good news: As of October 2015, more than 90 percent of these buildings have been retrofitted, replaced by new buildings, demolished or removed from acute care service in accordance with the law.
Chatsworth Products (CPI) has been a strong player in helping these facilities comply with the law by offering a variety of seismic-rated, OSHPD OPA- and OPM-approved data center products over the years. OSHPD OPM is the pre-approval process that allows manufacturers to submit analysis or test data prepared by a registered design professional to support design requirements of the code. The OPA approval is no longer valid, though existing approvals prior to 2015 can be employed.
CPI is actively working to expand its portfolio of OPM pre-approved products. To access the most current listing, please see CPI's list of approved products. CPI’s seismic-rated products and services help protect critical equipment that cannot become inoperative:
- With a market-leading load rating of 1500 lb, CPI’s Z4-Series SeismicFrame features an increased range of cabinet sizes to support deeper equipment and more unobstructed interior space along the sides for thermal and cable management accessories.
- In addition to OSHPD Pre-Approved, it is also certified to meet the latest Telcordia Technologies GR-63-CORE requirements.
- A variety of seismic accessories are available to complement this solution, including floor anchorage, transport casters and cable managers.
- The welded, steel Seismic Frame Two-Post Rack resists the swaying motion caused by earthquakes, thus reducing the amount of vibration transferred through the rack to equipment. The equipment is less likely to be damaged during a seismic event, which means faster network recovery.
- The rack features 1000 lb Seismic NEBS Zone 4 Load Rating.
- A variety of CPI seismic accessories are also available to complement this solution.
- Protect and store equipment in telecommunications rooms or public spaces effortlessly, especially when floor space is limited.
- Swing-out cabinet body allows easy access to the rear of installed equipment, while vented side panels increase airflow.
- CUBE-iT features exceptional strength and rigidity, supporting up to 200 lb of equipment.
- Adjustable 19” EIA threaded equipment mounting rails are included.
- Rounded corners and edges on front door improve safety.
Accelerate your design project by using CPI’s complimentary design tools, which include seismic models for you to use. Choose among:
- CPI's Product Configurator, which allows you to configure a personalized Seismic Cabinet, including accessories, or a Seismic Rack according to your specific needs.
- CAD Blocks, BIM Models and Visio Shapes are also available to reduce planning time.
- MasterFormat Specifications will further simply your project.
For more details on CPI's Seismic Solutions, go here. To get access to our industry-leading design tools, go here.
3/24/2016 8:25:35 AM
As Chatsworth Products (CPI) celebrates 25 years protecting your technology investments, we are proud to have become a benchmark in quality and customization. Our products are designed with such high standards because of the great partnership between CPI and you, our customers.
This pioneering spirit is what motivates CPI to respond rapidly to our customers with tailored standard and custom solutions that give them a higher return on their investment.
“We listen to you what you have to say, the problems you need to solve, the things to make your life better,” says Steven Bornfield, CPI Sr. Data Center Consultant.
The level of customization is unequalled in our industry and it’s the reason why CPI is sought out for unique applications.
Take a look at this "El Fuego" rack and cable manager, in a custom red color requested by one of our customers. This is just one example how this customization capability drives CPI to delight the customer every step of the way.
For more stories on how CPI’s custom solutions have exceeded customers’ expectations, visit our case study page. For inquiries on custom solutions by CPI, please contact one of our Customer Support Specialists.
3/21/2016 8:09:44 AM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) will be exhibiting its new EF-Series EuroFrame™ Cabinet, along with a complete range of IT infrastructure solutions at Data Centre World, which takes place April 12 – 13, 2016, at the ExCel Convention Centre London.
With over 500 exhibitors and 500 speakers, Data Centre World, the UK’s largest, most influential gathering of data center experts, is expected to host more than 12,000 business professionals in the IT industry over two days.During the show, CPI will be offering free evaluations of attendees’ data center thermal efficiency, as well as the opportunity to get hands-on in the data center cabinet demonstration area, which will feature:
“Data Centre World promises to be a high-impact, networking event for CPI and a great platform for us to share our knowledge and experience around thermal efficiency and effective power management. In the year that CPI celebrates its 25th anniversary of starting out as a manufacturer of 19” rack and cable management products, it will be the perfect showcase of how much our product range has developed and expanded since then, to now include a range of integrated solutions that protect the technology investment of our customers all around the world,” commented Julian Riley, CPI Area Sales Director for Europe.Visit CPI on Stand A55 at Data Centre World to see the full range of customizable solutions, as well as discuss design issues and solutions with industry experts. Unable to attend? Stop by our office and showroom to see our products and speak with a data center professional.
- EF-Series EuroFrame Cabinet – A simple, reliable and cost-effective cabinet solution that supports rack-mount server, storage and network equipment in data centers and enterprise IT facilities.
- GF-Series GlobalFrame® Gen 2 Cabinet System – Features enhanced panels, doors and smarter airflow management. The GlobalFrame Cabinet is an industry-standard server and network equipment storage solution for data centers.
- eConnect® Power Distribution Units – Now include Click Secure Locking Outlet options to help prevent accidental disconnections. Additionally, Secure Array IP Consolidation is now available, allowing the use of a single IP address for up to 32 connected PDUs.
- Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) System – Provides the ability to remotely monitor, record and analyze environmental security and safety conditions in data centers and equipment rooms. Three models are available: RIM-750, RIM-1000 and RIM Protocol Converter.
- Cable Runway – Supports cables on CPI racks and cabinets; available in a wide selection of supports, splices and accessories.
3/16/2016 11:58:22 AM
Chatsworth Products’ (CPI) industry-leading eConnect® Power Distribution Units (PDUs) now include Secure Array™ IP Consolidation and Click Secure Locking Outlets.CPI’s new Secure Array IP Consolidation enables users to link up to 32 PDUs under a single IP address using standard Ethernet cables, reducing installation time and costs. Additional features include outlet grouping, data logging, threshold alarms and PDU cloning. Adding a second IP address provides failover capability, which enables functioning PDUs to continue communicating if a PDU in the array loses connectivity.Click Secure Technology by CPI is available on all eConnect PDUs with IEC outlets. This patent pending technology features locking outlets that securely fasten equipment to the PDU without the need for proprietary power cords, safeguarding power and eliminating the cost of additional accessories.“High cost and time associated with deployment is one of the biggest challenges data center managers face while considering utilizing intelligent rack PDUs to support their DCIM initiatives. Secure Array, with its ability to consolidate 32 IP addresses and Click Secure Locking Outlets, which work with standard power cords, save customers up to $400 in deployment costs for each PDU,” stated Ashish Moondra, CPI Senior Product Manager, Power, Electronics & Software.CPI eConnect PDUs provide the ultimate solution for cabinet level power distribution in evolving data centers. Accessible in over 330 standard configurations from five progressive product models, eConnect PDUs are made in the United States, allowing shorter lead times, as well as the option to quickly and easily create customized options preinstalled in CPI cabinets. Add power, and make it easy with the online Product Configurator.View, select and compare PDUs using CPI’s eConnect PDU Product Selector. This tool allows you to find the best PDU for your application by narrowing down options based on your site requirements. Compare up to four PDUs at once, then email or print the results.For more information about CPI’s eConnect product line, visit the product page.
3/14/2016 8:33:06 AM
Designing a data center involves a great amount of organization, timing of schedules, tracking of materials and changes, along with complex design work. For this reason, the process of Building Information Modeling (BIM) has been used to facilitate and streamline data center project designs.
Exactly how is BIM being used and what are its benefits?
Here are reasons why this process is an option to be considered for your next project:
BIM allows everyone involved in the project, be it the architects, electricians or project managers, to input their data into the shared model. Information is kept in one place, which helps with communication and project coordination.
When using this process, reviewing 3D computer models allows for easy review and evaluation of errors or issues that could cause an issue during construction.
The building is shown in scale, and you are able to enter manufacturer details into the 3D model, allowing to identify important issues in the design.
For the most part, data centers must have room for large amounts of IT equipment and all this equipment must fit properly, have proper distribution and suit certain service clearances.
The routing of BIM allows for electrical designers to know exactly where to model for heat dissipation and adjust for any electrical duct work, and allows engineers to adjust for proper air flow.
When you are able to see everything that is needed for a project up close, and this information is easily searchable, this makes things so much easier for general contractors.
Using BIM also helps with productivity and creates opportunities for business opportunities. By using an efficient process for your projects, you can put a higher value on this added service, which leads to higher value business.
Chatsworth Products (CPI) is a leading provider of design tools that help contractors and architects keep their projects on track. Let us help you put your project on the fast track today. Learn more about our BIM models and watch the CPI BIM overview video for more details.