3/25/2015 1:33:27 PM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) can
help you maximize your time by providing the right tools to keep your project
on track and meet your deadlines.
CPI has an extensive library of 3D
drawings for Building Information Modeling (BIM), so that architects, engineers
and other design professionals can more easily draft and design an ideal data
center or premise network installation.
As an industry leader when it
comes to interactive design tools, CPI’s BIM library includes new and updated
Revit Models from Autodesk Seek®, built to meet the most recent BICSI
Standards, Autodesk Seek RMCSG and other standards.
These new models include
schedule files to allow the architect or building owner to populate the model
with the needed information,
to the proper planning and use of the equipment in the BIM environment.
Key features include:
- Meet most recent industry standards (BICSI,
- Include product information, graphics and
- Easily changeable and configurable to meet
- Clearance area included to aid with collision
- Snap locations aid with placement of
- Products with adjustable mounting include pull
grips to change mounting size accurately.
CPI also offers one-on-one support for you to
complete your project on budget and on schedule. You will meet your lead times
with products stocked with local and global distributors.
Developed professionally and
offered to customers at no charge, CPI will continue to expand its BIM library
as new products become available.
BIM drawings are free but require a website account. Access BIM files here, or create an account now.
Take a look at this insightful
video on CPI’s exclusive BIM drawings.
3/23/2015 6:28:27 AM
Data center traffic is expected to grow three-fold within three years. To support this demand, data center managers are turning to a variety of actions to improve and respond to the new reality with success.
According to a survey by AFCOM Data Center Institute, a large percentage of data center managers are looking to implement DCIM solutions to provide greater insight, stability and security.
Chatsworth Products (CPI) provides a variety of efficient solutions that will allow you to monitor many aspects of data center operations without the cost and complexity of full DCIM implementation.
As you can see in this AFCOM infograph, 79% of data center managers expect to implement solutions for monitoring power and energy within the next three years.
One way to address this is with CPI's eConnect® Power Distribution Units which allows you to monitor and control power at the rack or device level. eConnect features a one of the highest inlet temperature ratings in the market at 65 C.
- Rated for use in hot aisle environments.
- Allows IP consolidation of up to 20 PDUs, reducing networked cost.
- Optional temp/humidity monitoring allows one network connection to monitor power, temperature and humidity, and control power at the rack and device level.
- Some models provide a local display with an interactive screen that displays as well as remote monitoring and outlet control through a network connection using a web browser.
- Can also be used with third-party DCIM.
Additionally, CPI's Power Management Tool
, can be used with eConnect PDUs to aggregate power and temperature measurements from the PDU or servers at the rack or device level.
- Allows users to associate devices with racks, and quickly determine remaining capacity and rack-space.
- Accesses information through a simple, intuitive web-based interface.
- Equipment hierarchy mapping from data center level to rack-mount space.
- Shows the physical location of rack-mount equipment in a rack elevation.
As a third alternative, CPI also provides the Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) solution, a series of stand-alone environmental monitoring devices (middleware) that also provide a single interface for environmental monitoring, at lower cost than typical and complex DCIM.
- Supports a wider range of sensors: temperature, humidity, water, pressure and airflow.
- Can also receive readings via BACnet or Modbus from facilities equipment.
- Can be used with a third-party DCIM.
- A wireless version is also available that supports temperature and humidity monitoring.
If you are seeking to move forward with an infrastructure management implementation without the stress of a complex DCIM tool, take advantage of these three solutions by CPI. For additional information about these products or to see how they may fit in your data center plans, please contact one of our Sales Managers or Field Applications Engineers.
3/18/2015 4:21:47 PM
Viewed as one of the industry’s top recognitions for IT efficiency, the Uptime Institute grants Brill Awards to those projects, ideas and products that significantly improve energy productivity and resource use in data centers. The Brill Awards recognize IT efficiency in five categories, across four global regions.
This year, there were 15 winners, each of them proving their innovation in IT and data center efficiency.
Judging panels of industry experts from around the world examined projects that demonstrated systems efficiency through innovation, best practices, design and even individual products.
As a pioneer in Airflow Containment innovation, Chatsworth Products (CPI) is proud to see so many industry peers putting so much effort on a green and sustainable future of IT.
CPI prides itself in being a proactive agent in accomplishments like these.
From our Passive Cooling Solutions, to our state-of-the art Containment strategies, to power and monitoring products, we can not only help you achieve efficiency in your data center, but also win industry accolades like the Brill Awards.
Find the details about this year's winning projects here. For more information on CPI's solutions for an energy-efficient data center, go here.
3/17/2015 12:31:04 PM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) can help you maximize your time by providing the right tools to keep your project on track and meet your deadlines.
With more than 2,500 downloads a month, it’s no wonder architects, engineers and other design professionals rely on CPI’s top-quality tools to draft and design an ideal data center or premise network installation.
As an industry leader when it comes to interactive and informational design tools, CPI’s library includes new and updated:
- BIM Drawings: Autodesk® Revit® users can utilize these free 3D drawings for Building Information Modeling (BIM) to explore a project’s key physical building characteristics before construction.
- CAD Blocks: for customers using AutoCAD for design layouts, CPI has created CAD Shapes of popular CPI products. CPI CAD Shapes feature a top, front, side and isometric views, and are available at no charge.
- Microsoft® Visio: CPI has teamed up with Altima Technologies to create shapes of popular CPI products. Create equipment layouts and network diagrams compatible with Visio versions 5/2000/2002/2003/2007 available free of charge.
- MasterFormat's Division 27: specifically addresses communications construction, providing specifications and instructions for areas such as data, voice, audio, video, cabling, enclosures, grounding and bonding.
- OSHPD Pre-Approved Products: reduce the OSHPD approval cycle when planning installations in seismically active regions. CPI has obtained the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) Pre-Approval of Manufacturer's Certification (OPM and OPA) for several products.
- Product Configurator: create custom products and solutions according to your unique specification using CPI’s user-friendly configurator. It provides a total list price, rendered drawings and offers a selection of distributors or global resellers once the solution is created.
- CPI Cable Fill Table: lists recommended and maximum cable fill values for all of CPI’s cable management and cable pathway products. You can change cable diameters and fill ratios to estimate cable fill for your design.
Ensure your project’s necessary design shapes are being used to maximize efficiency. CPI offers dedicated consultation (including preliminary site visits), state-of-the-art computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis to simulate cooling trends, and a wide variety of free, online Design Tools and Downloads, including CAD Blocks, Visio Shapes and 3D BIM Drawings to make your design selection process as informed as possible.
Find out more here.
3/12/2015 8:42:38 AM
The likelihood that California will experience a magnitude 8 or larger earthquake in the next 30 years has increased from about 4.7% in 2008 to about 7.0% according to a recently published California earthquake forecast by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and partners.
The Third Uniform California Earthquake Rupture Forecast, or UCERF3, confirms many previous findings and sheds new light on how the future earthquakes will likely be distributed across the state and estimates how big those earthquakes might be.
“We know that tectonic forces are continually tightening the springs of the San Andreas fault system, making big quakes inevitable,” said Tom Jordan, Director of the Southern California Earthquake Center and a co-author of the study. “The UCERF3 model provides our leaders and the public with improved information about what to expect, so that we can better prepare.”
Chatsworth Products (CPI) can help you ensure your equipment is secured and protected during a high seismic stress.
A variety of products and services are available, including:
The Z4-Series SeismicFrame® Cabinet
- The Z4-Series delivers a market-leading load rating of 1500 lbs, an increased range of cabinet sizes to support deeper equipment and more unobstructed interior space along the sides for thermal and cable management accessories.
- It is also OSHPD Pre-Approved and tested by a Telecommunications Carrier Group and ISO 17025 certified Independent Testing Laboratory (ITL) to meet the latest Telcordia Technologies GR-63-CORE requirements.
- A variety of seismic accessories are available to complement your solution, including floor anchorage, transport casters, cable managers, etc.
Seismic Frame® Two-Post Rack
- The welded, steel Seismic Frame Two-Post Rack resists the swaying motion caused by earthquakes to reduce the amount of vibration transferred through the rack to equipment, making it is less likely to be damaged during a seismic event, which means faster network recovery.
- 1000 lbs Seismic NEBS Zone 4 Load Rating
- A variety of CPI seismic accessories are available to complement your solution
CPI leads the industry in providing complimentary design tools and services to help you plan your data center project successfully. Choose among:
- CPI's Product Configurator allows you to configure a personalized Seismic Cabinet, including accessories, or a Seismic Rack according to your specific needs.
- CAD Blocks, BIM Models and Visio Shapes are also available to reduce planning time.
- MasterFormat Specifications will further simply your project.
For more details on CPI's Seismic Solutions, go here. To get access to our industry-leading support and downloads, go here.
3/9/2015 12:27:58 PM
A customer recently asked us: “What cabinet would you recommend for the Cisco 7718 switch?"
Sam Rodriguez, Chatsworth Products’ (CPI) product manager of Cabinet and Thermal Management Systems answers: “There are many Cisco models in use today, including legacy and current models with varying airflow and clearance requirements. CPI’s N-Series TeraFrame® Gen 3 Network Cabinet was engineered to be the architecture to address these variations with minimal impact.”
“It is a universal solution that does not require you to know which switch will be used in order to specify side airflow, and it can support multiple switches or different switches stacked in the same cabinet,” he adds.
The N-Series TeraFrame has a unique frame design with dual front-to-rear supports, creating a central space for rack-mount equipment with extra spaces along both sides of equipment for managing large quantities of cables that are typical in network cabinets.
Other main features include:
- Complete separation of hot and cold air within the cabinet supports optimal data center aisle containment strategy
- Highly flexible side intake duct can be adjusted to accommodate a range of switch sizes and manufacturers on-site
- Allows for different size devices to be deployed simultaneously in the same cabinet without additional accessory kits
- Pre-configurations for front-to-rear, front-to-top, side-to-rear or side-to-top airflow available
- Vertical Exhaust Duct option available
- Dual slides provide maximum flexibility for mounting and positioning vertical cable management accessories
To learn more about all other features of this ultimate network cabinet, go here.
3/2/2015 10:43:29 AM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) is participating in the 2015 BICSI CALA Mexico Conference and Exhibition, March 18-19 at Hotel Marriott Reforma, in Mexico City.
Local IT and communications (ITC) professionals will gather at one of the industry’s top events to learn about the latest data center technologies and trends in the region.
CPI’s Victor Bañuelos, Technical Manager, CDCDP™, Uptime Institute Accredited Tier Designer, will give an insightful presentation on the “Cooling Concepts for an Efficient Data Center Design.”
Additionally, CPI will be at Booth #12 displaying a highly customizable Aisle Containment Solution, the Build to Spec (BTS) Kit Hot Aisle Containment. The BTS Kit is ideal for retrofit applications over a mix of cabinets, including cabinets of varying heights, widths and depths.
Long-term savings in the data center depend largely on a holistic infrastructure design and cutting-edge thermal management products and solutions, such as the ones CPI provides.
If you need help designing or improving your data center or communication room in Latin America, but can’t attend the conference, please contact CPI’s office in Mexico City to speak with Bañuelos about a solution that will best fit your needs.
To register to the event, click here.
2/25/2015 10:51:27 AM
As a global top provider of IT infrastructure solutions, Chatsworth Products (CPI) participates in a variety of well-respected industry events and training activities.
We are proud to have highly trained employee owners sharing their data center expertise across the globe. Many of them hold various industry certifications, and participate on advisory boards and technical committees.
Here are four experts from each region:
|North America: Ashish Moondra, Senior Product Manager, Power, Electronics & Software
Ashish Moondra has more than 20 years of experience developing, managing and selling rack power distribution, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), energy storage and Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) solutions. Ashish has been an expert speaker at various data center forums.
He will be speaking on CPI’s new Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) System solution at Data Center World Global Conference 2015, April 19-23, in Las Vegas.
|Latin America: Victor Banuelos, Technical Manager, CDCDP™, Uptime Institute Accredited Tier Designer
Victor Banuelos has years of experience in the IT community. Victor’s works on the continuous education on high-performance data center design through seminars and conferences, as well as pre-sales and technical support. He was recently was awarded with the Accredited Tier Designer status by Uptime Institute.
Victor will be at the 2015 BICSI CALA Mexico Conference and Exhibition, March 18-19, presenting “Cooling Concepts for an Efficient Data Center Design.”
|United Kingdom: Duke Roberston, Sr. Solutions Application Engineer
Duke Robertson has more than 20 years of experience in a broad range of disciplines. At CPI, Duke focuses on developing tailored solutions for customer-specific applications, utilizing CPI’s unique and extensive design and manufacturing capabilities. He also serves on CPI’s product development team.
|Asia Pacific: Michael Zhang, Technical Support Manager, Asia Pacific
Michael Zhang has more than 16 years of experience in the IT industry. Michael’s expertise is in the field of structured cabling, data center facility management and project management. He was also invited to the Data Center Standards Board of Committee of Shanghai.
To learn more about these and the other talented data center experts, go here. If you would like to engage one of our speakers, please contact us.
2/18/2015 3:29:44 PM
About 80 percent of data center owners seek hot and cold aisle containment as an effective cooling solution, according to a new Cost Containment Infographic recently released by AFCOM.
Whether you are managing a small computer room or a large high-density data center, Chatsworth Products (CPI) provides a full line of enclosures for complete hot and cold air separation. One of our most popular solutions include aisle containment products.
CPI offers several configurations for Hot Aisle Containment (HAC) or Cold Aisle Containment (CAC) Environments, each addressing the most pressing data center cooling needs, including ones that can be completely customized on site.
Separating hot and cold air through containment addresses two key efficiency requirements – it allows control of inlet temperatures (the cold aisles are one temperature, not a mixed range) – and, it maximizes delta T (in general, the higher the return temperature the better).
- Available for retrofit or new installations
- Use for full containment or partial containment
- Separates hot and cold air efficiently, eliminating hot spots
- Supports 4x higher heat and power densities (6 kW to 30+ kW)
- Effectively utilizes 100% of supplied air and reduce chilled air waste
- Improves CRAC efficiency because of higher supply-to-return temperature differences (Delta T's)
- Allows increased room temperature and higher set points on cooling equipment and chilled water temperatures, resulting in less electricity consumption using low-cost economizers
If you would like more technical data on effective containment solutions, be sure to download the White Paper, “Extend the Life of Your Data Center.” For more information on CPI’s full line of Containment Solutions, go here.
2/17/2015 2:07:33 PM
Oak Ridge Schools, some of Tennessee’s most praised learning institutions, are known for their excellence and advanced academics within the educational system.
To help the students in their academic endeavors, the schools wanted to provide one Microsoft Surface tablet to each of their students, to be used as learning tools.
To successfully accomplish this 1:1 initiative, the school system needed a robust infrastructure that would support the increasing demand for power and high-density, reliable servers.
To withstand the heat loads of this high-density environment, which included high-tech fiber cabling throughout, Oak Ridge Schools needed reliable power distribution units (PDUs) with remote monitoring capabilities.
Oak Ridge Schools turned to Chatsworth Products (CPI) to deliver intelligent PDUs, server cabinets with Vertical Exhaust Ducts and cable runway to support all the cabling they would need for the next few years.
With CPI’s Monitored eConnect® PDUs, Oak Ridge Schools would be able to monitor and measure voltage, current, power and power factor in each cabinet. eConnect PDUs were designed to withstand high heat loads of any hot aisle environment, with an ambient temperature rating of 149°F (65°C). This way, if power requirements for equipment go up, the eConnect PDUs will be able to withstand the high temperatures within the cabinets.
Now with a solid and redundant data center in place, Oak Ridge Schools are technologically prepared to attempt becoming top in the nation for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
To learn more about Oak Ridge Schools and this successful project, read the full case study.
2/13/2015 7:25:54 AM
The most romantic day of the year is tomorrow, and we love a good love story!
For us at Chatsworth Products (CPI), the protagonists of this story are our customers.
We believe that successful customer relationships are paramount. This is why we strive to provide unequaled customer service and technical support, as well as a global network of industry-leading distributors, to assure customers that CPI is dedicated to delivering products and services designed to meet and exceed their needs.
Customer issues are addressed immediately and in a way that assures complete — and lasting — satisfaction.
The result? Here’s what our customers have to say…
– Doug, Texas Motor Speedway
– Proud CPI customer for 10 years
– David Otaki, Major Account Manager for Anixter Brazil
– Don West, independent Systems Administrator.
Be sure to visit our case study page to get more details on what CPI aspires to — delighting the customer.
2/11/2015 9:09:37 AM
Don't miss the unique opportunity to network with top senior IT professionals and learn about today’s most advanced network infrastructure solutions during the inaugural DatacenterDynamics Converged at CeBIT event, March 16-20, at the Deutsche Messe in Hannover, Germany.
Chatsworth Products (CPI) will be displaying a comprehensive data center solution comprised of cabinets with smart airflow management, open racks, cable managers and power distribution units (PDUs). Learn about:
- The new N-Series TeraFrame® Gen 3 Network Cabinet, which supports and protects switches, regardless of size, model or airflow requirements.
- The GF-Series GlobalFrame® Gen 2 Cabinet System, which features new size and finish options, enhanced panels and doors and smarter airflow management.
- Two-Post Rack, featuring a small footprint, this open rack provides unrestricted airflow for maximum ventilation and easy access to cables for moves, adds and changes.
- Evolution® Cable Management, an effective solution for managing high-density cabling applications on CPI Rack Systems.
- eConnect® PDUs, designed to withstand the heat loads of any hot aisle environment, they can establish basic connections to equipment, provide remote access with monitoring and switching capabilities, and include high-density models.
Visit CPI on Stand C32/4, Hall 12 in the Infrastructure Partner Pavilion to see the full range of innovative data center products and solutions.
For more information about the event, visit the event website.
2/9/2015 8:44:06 AM
Seismic areas require specific building codes and
installation requirements for public buildings to ensure the safety of people
and equipment. Seismic products that will be installed in these buildings must
also comply with stringent guidelines.
Set by the International Building Code (IBC) and the American
Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), these guidelines include specific calculations
to prevent nonstructural components from sliding or overturning in the event of
According to the IBC, certain facilities such as hospitals, fire and police stations, national defense buildings and other critical facilities must remain operational during a seismic event.
To meet that need, Chatsworth Products’ (CPI) designed and tested the Z4-Series SeismicFrame® Cabinet System. The Z4-Series provides critical facility operators the confidence that their rack-mount equipment will be protected even after the
most severe earthquakes.
In the highly seismic
state of California, the California Office of Statewide Health Planning and
Development (OSHPD) reviews and approves construction designs. OSHPD OPM is the
pre-approval process that allows manufacturers to submit analysis or test data
prepared by a registered design professional to support design requirements of
The Z4-Series SeismicFrame Cabinet recently received
OSHPD OPM-0112-13, which means the design, supports and
attachments of the SeismicFrame comply with the requirements of the latest
California and International Building Codes for Zone 4 areas.
As a pre-approved design, the OSHPD OPM can be
incorporated into construction documents, simplifying the design and approval
process. In addition to OSHPD OPM, the Z4-Series SeismicFrame Cabinet was
tested to meet the stringent seismic testing requirements of Telcordia
Technologies GR-63-CORE, which involves putting a cabinet through a series of
shaker table tests to simulate a severe earthquake.
The Z4-Series passed the GR-63-CORE test with an industry-leading
1500 lb seismic equipment load and an additional 100 lb top load for cabling.
Watch the seismic test video now.
2/5/2015 8:48:36 AM
In response to the increase in newer, more sensitive, highly integrated electronic equipment, Chatsworth Products (CPI) offers a comprehensive line of UL® Listed grounding and bonding products, which help prevent transient voltage from damaging sensitive electronic equipment.
Here’s a valuable checklist with top recommendations and considerations for your Grounding and Bonding system:
- Select a Busbar for each Equipment Room and Telecommunications Room with sufficient connections for equipment and the Telecommunications Grounding System
- Add Busbars to Racks and Cabinets that support equipment that requires bonding to the Telecommunications Grounding System (most network switches and some patch panels require grounding)
- Bond each Rack and Cabinet to the Busbar using Ground Wires, Jumpers and Straps
- Bond Cable Runway and Tray across splices and to the Busbar using Ground Wires, Jumpers and Straps
- Bond raised floor pedestals bonded together and to the Busbar using Pedestal Clamps
- Use Joint Compound when making bonding connections between metal surfaces on Racks, Cabinets, Cable Runway, Cable Tray and Busbars
Large-scale, rapidly occurring electric arcing is a significant contributor to data disruption and damage to equipment. In minor cases, data is disruption occurs or devices are reset. In major cases, damage to equipment can happen.
Having a reliable grounding and bonding system in place, and controlling the ESD/surge paths certainly aid in minimizing the impact and or damage or your equipment.
For more details on CPI’s Grounding and Bonding products, go to the product page, or download the Application Sheet.
2/2/2015 11:40:39 AM
An important factor in maintaining high circuit performance is the care given to communications cable during installation.
For example, tight bundling of the cable or improper support of cable that deforms, stretches or adds tension to the cable can negatively affect circuit performance.
For best cable performance:
- Specify continuous support for your cable
- Specify support that creates a wide turn for cables, when there is a need to change their direction
- Bundle cables with wide reusable straps
- Use spools to control patch cord slack within cable managers
Chatsworth Products’ (CPI) is a leader in cable management solutions that support and protect cables, helping maintain cable performance. For in-depth details on best cable management practices and how to specify the right cable management solution for CPI rack systems, make sure to download CPI’s white paper, “Cable Management Solutions for Rack System.”
Additionally, CPI maintains an up-to-date Cable Fill Guide for recommended and maximum fill values for all of its cable managers and pathway products.
1/27/2015 3:08:17 PM
Chatsworth Products’ (CPI) popular Mobile App Suite for Apple and Android devices now includes a handful of new products and support for iPhone 6 and 6+.
The Mobile App Suite consists of a variety of design tools developed by CPI to help IT and telecommunications professionals determine cable fill, select server cabinets, identify the best power distribution unit (PDU), and create bills of material (BOM) for cable pathway.
The App Suite’s Cabinet Selector now includes the recently released Z4-Series SeismicFrame® Cabinet which features an industry-leading 1500 lb (680 kg) seismic equipment load with an additional 100 lb (45 kg) top load for cabling. It is UL Listed for its 3000 lb (1360 kg) static load and integrated grounding and bonding features.
Additionally, we added two of our signature Cable Runway products—Radius Bend and E-Bend—to provide a more complete Cable Runway solution.
Find out more about how CPI’s Mobile App Suite can help simplify your next project by visiting our Mobile App Design Tools webpage.
1/26/2015 2:48:02 PM
Monitoring and controlling environment, power and security conditions in data centers can easily become a time-consuming task for busy IT professionals.
Chatsworth Products’ (CPI) Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM-1000) System provides easy and effective remote monitoring of sensors and devices in your IT facility, so you are able to take immediate action when conditions change.
The critical early warning system provides an integrated view of all equipment through a web browser. The web interface summarizes device and sensor input conditions with color-coding and displays the physical location of devices and sensors on a floor plan or map.
Key features include:
- Single web-based interface for accessing and reviewing all data
- Provides one integrated view of all facility equipment
- Accepts inputs from a wide range of environmental sensors and facility equipment
- Stores data internally, no need for additional equipment or software to store or access data
- Configurable with expansion cards for a large number of sensor inputs
You can also use CPI’s RIM-750 to monitor a single server cabinet or small computer room.
For detailed information on CPI’s RIM-1000, download the data sheet. A comprehensive FAQ document is also available.
1/22/2015 10:16:19 AM
This February 23-25, Orlando, Fla. hosts the 2015 BICSI Winter Conference and Exhibition. As a longtime exhibitor and participant in BICSI events throughout the year, count on seeing CPI at this year’s event, where we’ll be displaying a variety of our most innovative new solutions at Booth 1001.
During the show, be sure to stop by the CPI booth and get a hands-on look at the following:
- N-Series TeraFrame® Gen 3 Network Cabinet - The N-Series supports and protects switches, regardless of size, model or airflow requirements. The cabinet is Cisco compatible and is the ultimate cabinet for high-density network and storage switches.
- F-Series TeraFrame Gen 3 Cabinet - The F-Series features an enhanced frame design, new sizes and panels, easier equipment rail adjustment and smarter airflow management, making it one of the most advanced cabinets available.
- Build To Spec (BTS) Kit Hot Aisle Containment (HAC) Solution - The BTS Kit arrives on a pallet and includes eight unique components to field-fabricate a duct over a contained aisle. The solution can be used over a mix of cabinets of varying sizes and can be ceiling- or cabinet-supported, making it ideal for retrofit applications.
- Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) System - The RIM System allows data center managers to resolve environmental problems in equipment rooms and data centers before they cause downtime by providing real-time monitoring of critical conditions. Three configurations are available—RIM-750, RIM-1000 and RIM Protocol Converter.
- eConnect® Power Distribution Units (PDUs) - eConnect® PDUs are intelligent power distribution products that connect you to your evolving enterprise data center. eConnect is designed to withstand the high heat loads of any hot aisle environment and is available in more than 180 standard configurations, including high-density models.
- Evolution® Cable Management - Evolution Cable Management provides an engineered solution for managing high-density cabling applications on open two-post and four-post CPI Rack Systems, delivering increased performance to match the demands of data center applications.Use Evolution Vertical Cable Managers on the sides of racks to manage premise cables, patch cords and jumper cords.
- Electronic Lock Kits (ELS) - Electronic Lock Kits Systems 1000 and 1500 provide enhanced security over standard mechanical or combination locks. They are standalone electronic keypad locks with multiple user levels and codes.
1/21/2015 8:14:29 AM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) provides several handy tools to help you identify the correct product for your application.
One option includes our downloadable quick reference guides for many of our popular product lines.
Each side-by-side comparison describes the product's application, key features, dimensions and more. Example part numbers and recommended accessories are also listed.
Download a guide for your next project: Racks | Cabinets & Enclosures | Cable Pathway | Cable Management | Wall-Mount Systems
Additionally, CPI's Mobile App Suite includes easy-to-use selectors for Cabinets and Wall-Mounted Cabinets.
The Cabinet Selector will ask for specific requirements such as height, width, depth, door styles and more. You can then build a part number based on the results. It will also provide an information sheet for the cabinet family selected, so that you can read about the additional features and benefits.
The Wall-Mount Cabinet Selector will help you select two of CPI’s top systems — ThinLine II or Cube-it Plus® — based on your needs. Once you make your selection, you will be provided with the cabinet’s complete spec sheet and given the option to add it to a BOM, email it to yourself, or to CPI Technical Support.
Find out more about CPI's Mobile App Suite.
1/16/2015 10:36:49 AM
Orlando Health wanted to construct a new data center because of hot spot issues in its original data center. With Chatsworth Products' (CPI) solutions and expertise, the space now uses less than 2/3 cooling capacity to cool 200% of the original IT load. Over $350,000 was saved by reusing older CRAC units, and $120,000 was saved by not using a raised floor. Additionally, cabinet-supported fiber duct and low-voltage basket trays also saved $350 per cabinet installation cost.
Steve Bornfield, CPI's Senior Data Center Consultant, will explain what was involved in this successful installation at the Mission Critical & Data Center Expo (MCDC) in Atlanta next month. If you are attending the Expo, plan to attend his session on Wednesday, February 11 at 3:55 pm.
Get the complete details on this application and others by visiting our case study library . You can also watch the case study video.