A reliable network is foundational to the success of every business, so it’s vital to keep all IT equipment powered at all times so that employees—even those in remote locations—have equal access to all business applications, information and tools.
With fewer resources available, small to medium-sized companies are now relying on remote or colocation data centers to house their IT assets. While colocation providers deliver and maintain most of the upstream electrical infrastructure, rack power distribution often times is the responsibility of customers themselves.
With the right solution, business owners can still have insight into crucial power usage that ultimately affects their bottom line.
Rack power distribution units (PDUs) that allow users to remotely monitor power availability, usage and the overall health of equipment, while letting them take action remotely are key IT assets for today’s small and medium businesses. A huge financial benefit, for example, is to be able to remotely recycle power to hung up equipment or to turn equipment off when not in use through a rack PDU with monitoring and switching capabilities.
Chatsworth Products’ (CPI) intelligent eConnect® Power Distribution Units (PDUs) deliver business owners the peace of mind that their assets are well protected. eConnect PDUs allow IT managers to remotely monitor and control power from one location using LAN or SNMP, ensuring continual power delivery regardless of location.
eConnect PDUs vary from basic sources of power to highly intelligent units that are capable of handling multiple functions such as continuous monitoring of voltage, current, power and power factor measurements for total PDU usage, alarm threshold setting, temperature and humidity setup, and more.
- Intelligent Remote Monitoring - eConnect includes a browser-based interface with features that allow remote monitoring of PDUs and outlets, grouped devices view, thresholds setting, metrics logging, alarm notification setup and more.
- Disconnection Protection - Patent-pending Click Secure Locking Outlet technology locks straight power cords into place, reducing the chances of accidental power disconnection.
- Secure Array™ IP Consolidation - Save money and reduce installation time by linking up to 32 PDUs under one IP address.
- Switching Capability - PDUs with switching capabilities enable users to remotely switch on and off, and recycle power at each outlet, thus minimizing disruptions.
- Horizontal Configuration - Available in Monitored and Switched models.
- Easy Installation - Universal tool-less mounting and complimentary preinstallation options are available with all cabinet orders.
- Integrated environmental monitoring. eConnect provides capability to attach temperature and humidity sensors to constantly monitor vital environmental parameters that could affect IT equipment performance and availability.
From basic, monitored and switched models, eConnect is the intelligent solution for businesses that want to ensure their power can support today’s needs and the unknown challenges of the future.
Visit the CPI Online Catalog to browse and compare CPI’s full line of intelligent PDUs.