The Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) System Protocol Converter provides system integration with facility monitoring and management systems by converting sensor outputs in SNMP, BACnet and Modbus protocols into one or more of the same protocols for integration into a building management system (BMS) or network management system (NMS). The Protocol Converter is ideal for environments where data from monitored equipment is incompatible with the protocols used by the BMS or NMS, especially in applications that feature legacy monitoring systems.
The Protocol Converter can attach to 32 devices and accepts and converts up to 1,024 inputs - this functionality allows a single Protocol Converter to flexibly integrate with multiple alarm and management systems. Additionally, the RIM Protocol Converter supports BACnet Change-Of-Value (COV), basic register write operation and can send email via your SMTP server if a monitored device stops communicating.
- Multiple input and output protocols allows easy integration with a wide variety of equipment
- Communicates with building and network management systems
- Web-based interface simplifies setup and configuration
- Connects up to 32 devices (units, modules, or nodes)
- Monitors up to 1,024 Modbus registers, OIDs, or instances
- Use the dual port Protocol Converter to connect to multiple trunk lines for faster polling with a large number of devices
- Alarm notification through email when a device stops communicating