Power IQ® (PIQ) for eConnect® software provides the information and controls you need to fully utilize your existing infrastructure resources, while alerting you to trouble before it causes downtime. With out-of-the-box compatibility with CPI eConnect rack-mount Power Distribution Units (PDUs), eConnect PIQ software can be easily deployed as a standalone monitoring solution or with Sunbird’s dcTrack® DCIM Operations to provide full asset and change management.
PIQ functionality scales to meet enterprise needs, allowing you to securely keep tabs on all your data centers and labs by monitoring Rack PDUs, CRACs, UPS, PDUs, RPPs, meters, branch circuits, racks, environment sensors and IT devices, all from a single web browser. PIQ is vendor neutral and automatically accepts CPI’s eConnect PDUs and devices from other top manufacturers, allowing you to add support for many other products with our dynamic plugin capability.
- Constant synchronization of data between eConnect PDUs and PIQ software
- Centralized authentication, access and auditing of all equipment
- Centralized power control of all IT assets connected to Switched and Switched Pro PDUs
- Centralized grouping capabilities of outlets, PDUs and other equipment
- Automated emails alerts for quick identification of hotspots and other threshold violations
PIQ software automatically collects power and environmental data from CPI eConnect Rack PDUs, sensors and other intelligent equipment within the data center.
- Leverage Free Cooling – Patented Cooling Charts help you keep cabinets in the ASHRAE® allowable environmental ranges for potential cost savings.
- Identify and Eliminate Ghost Servers – Scheduled email reports pinpoint ghost servers for consolidation.
- Bill Back Based on Energy Usage – Automatically generated bill back reports drive better behavior.
PIQ software tracks actual power load of IT devices under computing stress, providing better planning information.
- Find Stranded Capacity – Newly found capacity delays expensive capital expenditure.
- Project Future Capacity Needs - Trending and days of supply projections enable accurate forecasting.
- Monitor UPS Capacity and Battery information – End-to-end monitoring easily prevents potential over-capacity situations.
Avoid unplanned downtime that can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars per outage and the health of your complete data center including critical facilities, e.g. UPS, CRACS, and panels.
- Simulate Failover – Reports identify available capacity to ensure coverage in case of failure, send threshold based alerting and identify hotspots and potential trouble areas.
- Visualize Data Center and Facility Health Status – Health Map with red, yellow and green color coding provides an at-a-glance view of rack load levels, line currents and all environmental conditions.
- Alerting and Alarming of Threshold Violations – Automated emails enable quick identifi ation of hotspots and potential trouble areas.
- Our application software, database and hardened Linux® operating system are fully tested and ready to load on your VMware platform.
- Our application software, database and hardened Linux® operating system are loaded onto our enterprise-class, rack-mountable, 1U server with confied, dual power supply and included rail kit for installation purposes.