Selecting Rack-Mount Power Distribution Units and Power Strips? Two New White Papers Provide Guidance.
February 25, 2019
Power management in data centers—particularly inside the cabinet—is critical to ensure availability of all IT applications, as well as to minimize the overall energy footprint of the data center. Additionally, with efficient power management, you can boost operational efficiency by managing and monitoring power at the rack and device level.
But, how confident are you when it comes to knowing just what your business and application needs are when you're evaluation power distribution units (PDUs) or power strips? Are you comfortable enough to move forward with product selection? If you are unfamiliar with electrical power distribution systems, or even the differences in industry jargon, this responsibility can be challenging.
Knowing which PDU or power strip you need starts with a basic understanding of the functionality and benefits of each type. It means being able to ask and answer key questions about your site, rack and equipment.
If you are investing in or evaluation PDUs or power strips, consider reviewing two new white papers produced by Chatsworth Products' (CPI) Product Marketing Manager, David Knapp.
White Papers Help Guide PDU or Power Strip Selection
The Basics of Selecting Rack-Mount Power Distribution Units (PDUs) and Power Strips
This white paper presents an overview of the basics of selecting PDUs and power strips. It covers the key questions to ask about the site, rack and equipment to help simplify the selection process and quickly identify the right PDU or power strip. It concludes with additional resources that will help you select the right PDU or power strip for your application.
By reading the white paper, you'll also learn:
- What the difference between a PDU and power strip is
- Critical decisions to factor in when selecting a PDU or power strip
- How you can access additional resources, like selection and functionality comparison tools, that will help you select the appropriate PDU or power strip for your specific application.
Read the white paper.
Additional Considerations When Selecting Rack-Mount Power Distribution Units (PDUs) and Power Strips
This white paper covers key concepts and features that help to ensure reliable power and monitoring at the rack level. It concludes with resources that will help you select the right PDU or power strip for your application.
By reading this white paper, you'll also learn:
Read the white paper.
- How to select a rack-mount PDU or power strip
- The impact of optional surge protection and breakers
- The benefits of remote monitoring and the integration with data center infrastructure management software (DCIM)
- How PDU functionality can enhance security at the cabinet level
Posted by Brittany Mangan, Digital Content Specialist at 2/25/2019