Safeguarding Students Starts with a Reliable IT Infrastructure
July 24, 2018
Summer isn't over yet, but project deadlines for public school technology improvements are quickly approaching. Teachers and other faculty have already returned to prepare for the 2018-2019 school year. Offering safe learning environments is a top priority for school districts.
As broadband capabilities and security technologies evolve, we depend on networks to communicate alarm data and other emergency communications. Eliminating interference is critical to the response—and outcome—of a security incident and response plan.
Here in Central Texas, a local school district has prioritized its security projects with the top three being:
1. Emergency Telephone / Intercom
2. Public Address System
3. Portables Surveillance Cameras and Panic Buttons
The Internet of Things (IoT) allows the security industry to provide networked devices that enable the staff to prevent or quickly address emergencies. These systems and the network on which the operate must be reliable. That reliability begins with a well-planned and solid network infrastructure.
Chatsworth Products (CPI) builds reliability into the products that support and safeguard security systems, which means the risk of network interference is minimized.
Indoor Equipment Support
- Wall enclosures:Protect security equipment in shared spaces and extend network connections to portable classrooms
- Racks: Support equipment in dedicated spaces (floor- and wall-mounted)
- Zone enclosures: Secure equipment inside or outside equipment room (ceiling-mounted)
- Wire cage enclosures: Create a security partition around equipment in shared spaces
Outdoor Equipment Support
- Enclosures for industrial spaces: Protect sensitive IT or automation equipment (floor- and wall-mounted)
- Enclosures for outdoor spaces: Protect wireless access points, sensitive IT equipment and electrical components
Power and Electronic Locks
- Basic power strips: Supply reliable power delivery for devices in data center racks and cabinets
- Intelligent power distribution units (PDUs): Protect and monitor current to critical devices
- Electronic locks for enclosures: Enhance security through biometric authentication and can be programmed for use with school employee badges
- Remote environmental monitoring: Provides continuous environmental, power and security monitoring
Read CPI's security brochure to learn more, or contact your local CPI distributor for quick delivery of the products you need.