Not All Cabinets are the Same: Considerations When Selecting a CPI Data Center Cabinet
October 17, 2017
Whether you’re planning to build a new data center, or updating your current infrastructure, server cabinets are a large portion of the equipment you may be purchasing. That said, not all cabinets are the same. While Chatsworth Products' (CPI) cabinet systems all serve to store and protect equipment, there are distinct differences between each type of cabinet, and one is more likely to meet your needs than another.
F-Series TeraFrame® Gen 3 Cabinet
The F-Series TeraFrame® Cabinet has thermal management, network cable management, power distribution and fiber management options that are designed to support high-density server applications and easily adapt for future growth.
- More sizes and a higher load capacity provide additional options to meet exact facility requirements
- Improved rail design and features, like half height side panels and interchangeable doors and panels, make installation, maintenance access and adjustments for equipment quicker and easier
- Optional thermal management accessories that isolate hot and cold air within the cabinet optimize front-to-rear or front-to-top airflow, and are fully compatible with aisle containment solutions
- Optional cable management accessories separate and organize power and network cables, and are fully compatible with CPI power management products and environmental monitoring systems
F-Series TeraFrame HD Cabinet
The F-Series TeraFrame HD Cabinet is designed for systems integrators — ship this cabinet fully loaded with equipment from your facility to a customer site to support quick "roll in/roll out" cabinet-level equipment deployment.
- Safely transports up to 3,000 lb (1360 kg) of electronic equipment from a factory integration site direct to a customer’s data center
- Heavy-duty shock pallet and reusable cushioned carton allow the cabinet to be reshipped after the equipment is loaded
- Heavy-duty welded steel ramp provides a safe method for unloading the cabinet from the pallet upon arrival at the installation site
- Top panel includes large brush-covered cable openings that handle large bundles of cables, while preventing undesirable hot air recirculation
- Cabinet moves easily on heavy-duty casters that provide superior long-term performance under load
- Minimize installation time with an optional bolt-down kit that securely anchors the cabinet to the floor structure and can be installed prior to the cabinet’s arrival
GF-Series GlobalFrame® Gen 2 Cabinet
The GF-Series GlobalFrame® Gen 2 Cabinet is an industry-standard server and network equipment storage solution for data centers, computer rooms and network facilities.
- Two specific configurations that meet most application requirements
- Standard cabinets with perforated front and rear doors support front-to-rear airflow for hot aisle/cold aisle or aisle containment applications
- High-density cabinets with perforated front and solid rear doors and a top-mount Vertical Exhaust Duct guide hot exhaust air away from the cabinet to support a closed return application
- Adjustable Z-shaped mounting rails to help block bypass airflow around equipment
- Cable openings in the top panels are large enough for high-amperage PDU power plugs, casters easily position the cabinet and locking doors and side panels secure equipment
- Maximum front-to-rear rail depths are increased to support deeper equipment
- Top and bottom panels include snap on plastic grommets to seal cable openings
- Perforated doors are 78% open to maximize airflow
Z4-Series SeismicFrame® Cabinet
Secure and protect critical computer server, data storage and network equipment in computer rooms, equipment rooms and other facilities that are located in seismically active areas.
- Industry-leading 1500 lb (680 kg) seismic equipment load to support more equipment in your cabinet
- Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) Preapproval of Manufacturer's Certification OPM-0112-13 provides preapproved, code-compliant seismic designs of supports and attachments for the cabinet when used in health facilities in California
- UL® Listed 2416 for a 3000 lb (1360 kg) static (non-seismic) equipment payload and integrated grounding and bonding features
- Multiple size options, including 1200 mm deep cabinets to support deeper equipment, like modular network switches and high-density server applications
- Pre-drilled top attachment points for mounting overhead pathway and bracing
- Simplified installation only requires floor anchorage eliminating the requirement for costly engineering calculations for external bracing
Find out more about CPI’s server cabinets or download this handy quick reference guide.