CPI's New Seismic Rack Shakes Up The Competition
September 30, 2008
CPI's new SeismicFrame® Two-Post Rack offers the highest load rating in the industry while providing more cable and power management options than any other seismic rack, making it extremely stable and versatile.
- Load Rating: The Seismic Frame Two-Post Rack has a seismic load rating of 1,000 lb (453.6 kg), strong enough for two large fully configured modular network switches and cables.
- RMU Marks: Equipment mounting rails are marked and numbered making placement of equipment easier. Rails can be removed and reversed so that numbering starts at top or bottom.
- Equipment Mounting Rails: Mounting rails are available in both threaded #12-24 or square-punched styles. Rails are also available painted or zinc-plated for direct metal contact with equipment or shelves.
- Grounding: Each rack includes ground/bonding points for the telecommunications ground connection.
- Cable Management: Optional T-shaped Cable Management Fingers to organize network cables by RMU space. A Vertical Cabling Section provides a double-sided, front and rear cable pathway next to the rack.
- Power Management: CPI Vertical Power Strips attach directly to the side of the rack with the Seismic Frame Two-Post Rack Power Strip Mounting Hardware Kit making it easy to deliver power to rack-mount equipment. One power strip can be attached at each corner of the rack to support redundant power feeds to equipment. Optional Duplex Electrical Outlet Box provides a location for a power connection at the base of the rack.
- Installation: A Seismic Frame Two-Post Rack Floor Drilling Template helps you quickly and easily locate and drill holes for Seismic Frame Two-Post Rack Floor Anchor Kit.
The Seismic Frame Two-Post Rack is available in 19" and 23" widths. It ships fully assembled and includes one welded steel frame, two pairs of equipment mounting rails and one Two Mounting Hole Ground Terminal Block. Additional accessories further enhance the rack's functionality.
The SeismicFrame® Two-Post Rack was independently tested in four configurations (19" wide with 6" deep rails; 19" wide with 3" deep rails; 23" wide with 6" deep rails and 23" wide with 3" deep rails) while loaded with 1,000 lb (453.6 kg) of weight to simulate equipment and passed all GR-63-CORE NEBS Zone 4 requirements and objectives. The racks were not damaged during testing. NEBS Zone 4 seismic testing is the most intense NEBS test and correlates to a severe Richter Magnitude 7.0 - 8.3 earthquake. The video below shows clips from the tests of the 19" wide rack with 6" deep rails.
Note the minimal movement of the rack
indicating excellent seismic performance.
Kim Ream eMarketing Designer