7 Benefits of Hot Air Isolation in the Data Center
April 01, 2014
Achieving complete hot/cold air isolation in the data center is one of the most cooling-effective thermal management practices in the industry today.
With Chatsworth Products’ (CPI) Passive Cooling Solutions®, for example, it’s possible to avoid adding CRAC units, air conditioners or liquid cooling, all known for increasing energy consumption in the facility.
But these are not the only benefits of airflow isolation. CPI’s Field Application Engineer, Tom Cabral, recently shared seven benefits of airflow isolation in a webcast presentation produced by Cabling Installation & Maintenance (CI&M).
1. Elimination of hot spots
2. Supports four times higher heat and power densities (6 kW to 30+kW)
3. Effectively uses 100% of supplied air and reduction of chilled air waste
4. Transfers server equipment ΔT directly back to the HVAC unit
5. Chiller efficiency increase through higher set points
6. Cost-savings increase through higher set points
7. Supply air delivery from ceiling, wall or floor
For more information on “The Rise of Hot Air Containment,” be sure to watch the webcast presentation here.