Minimize Data Center Downtime with CPI’s New Environmental Monitoring System
August 15, 2014
Chatsworth Products (CPI) has a new solution that helps data center managers protect equipment and prevent downtime.
With the new Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) System, data center managers can easily learn about critical environmental conditions, so they can take timely action.
Data center managers are able to get early-warning alarm notifications about critical conditions such as temperature, humidity and water leak detection of equipment located in a single server cabinet or row of cabinets.
The RIM System’s flexible, expandable design offers a variety of sensor inputs, with the capability to be remotely monitored and integrated with a Building Management System (BMS).
Two different configurations are available, in addition to a protocol converter:
For a single cabinet or small equipment room, use the RIM-750
- Easy-to-use mobile-friendly web interface displays sensor readings and trends
- Monitors eight digital inputs and four temperature or temperature/humidity sensors and one zone of leak detection with up to 200 feet of Sensor Rope
- Multiple alarm notification configurations including audible and visible indicators, email messaging and/or relay activation
For a row of high-density cabinets or small computer room, use the RIM-1000
- Configurable with expansion cards for a large number of sensor inputs
- Provides one integrated view of all facility equipment and sends SNMP traps, email or SMS alarm notifications according to user-set thresholds
- Stores data internally, so there is no need for additional equipment or software to store or access data
Use the RIM Protocol Converter to integrate existing Modbus equipment to the BMS
- Multiple input and output protocols allow easy integration with a wide variety of equipment
- Connects up to 32 devices (units, modules or nodes)
- Communications with building management and network management systems
For more information about the RIM System and to download documentation, visit the product page.