Bookmark This! New Interactive Edge eBook Now Available
August 13, 2020
High throughput, low latency, network availability, reliability, and security have always been top priorities in data centers, but the recent wave of technological advances — autonomous cars, augmented reality, 5G, and all other connected devices of the Internet of Things (IoT) — are taking these priorities to new heights and bringing new challenges to IT systems administrators and data center managers.
In order to successfully host and deliver services on a global scale and ensure real-time data flows quickly to the end-user, data centers are having to spread their networks far and wide – to the edge, closer than ever to the devices where that data is processed. These edge locations can be anywhere from warehouses, oilfields and mines, to commercial areas, roadsides and manufacturing floors — a big difference from the environmentally controlled data center environments that IT systems administrators are used to.
If you’re extending your network to edge, adopting IoT or preparing/upgrading your network for the impact of emerging technologies, you’re likely looking to learn what to consider and how to address some of the new challenges you may face. Or maybe, you’re simply unsure of how what you don’t know in terms of the solutions available will affect the success of your edge deployment.
That’s why Chatsworth Products (CPI) created an interactive digital edge eBook titled, “Five Pillars for Successful Network Deployment at the Edge
.” Consider it a “guide” of sorts that you can access at any time, on any device, to discover:
- Innovative solutions for the storage, support and maintenance of sensitive electrical equipment
- The differences between NEMA Type enclosures based on environment and application
- How to protect against security vulnerabilities
- Adaptable cabling solutions that take into account necessary space savings and the need for flexibility (zone cabling)
- How proper thermal management and control can extend equipment life
- Why intelligent power management and control solutions with monitoring and switching capabilities can help improve equipment performance and ensure uptime
If you’re interested in exploring the eBook in preparation for your edge deployment, check it out now.
Don’t forget to bookmark it and share it with your colleagues!
Posted by Brittany Mangan, Digital Content Specialist at 8/13/2020 11:46:15 AM