Teamwork, Caring and Commitment are Values for Life as Well as Work
December 21, 2009
In last week's blog I mentioned some of the year's business highlights. This week I'd like to give you some insight into other company endeavors during 2009.
As you may know CPI is an employee-owned company. This fact not only affects every aspect of our business, but it also impacts how we respond to one another and our surrounding communities. Teamwork, caring and commitment is a core value that extends further than the manufacturing floor or the office cubicle. CPI employees across the U.S. have gotten involved in helping people in a variety of ways - not because it is required, but because we want to help others who have greater needs than our own. Here are some of the activities we've been involved in this year.
- Fill the Bus: Employees in Texas collected school supplies for area children.
- Relay for Life: Employees in North Carolina helped raise money for cancer research.
- Food Drives: Employees in California collected more than 600 food items that were delivered to a local food bank. Employees in Texas collected enough food for complete Thanksgiving meals for 160 familes.
- Breakfast with Santa: Employees in Texas held three auctions that totalled in more than $5,000. The local Rotary Club, along with the Fire Department and other outreach programs used the money to feed hundreds of families and to delivery toys to families in need.
- Holidays from the Heart: Employees in California in cooperation with the Los Angeles Chilcren's Hospital sponsored two families who have children with cancer.
- Adopt a Family: Employees in North Carolina in cooperation with the Coastal Women's Shelter adopted a family and provided them with many gifts including toys, clothing, household items, a space heater and a gift card for groceries.
- Coats for Kids: Employees in Texas donated new coats to needy families.
As you can see CPI employees are people who care about their communities. If you are a CPI customer, I believe I can speak on behalf of all my teammates when I thank you for your business - it is because of you we are able to help others. We hope you have a safe and joyful holiday season and we look forward to many more opportunities to work with you in the coming year. Kim Ream, Sr. eCommerce Specialist