Economical, locking 2 x 2 ft. suspended ceiling Wi-Tile enclosure mounts and secures Wi-Fi and Small Cell APs flush to the ceiling. This steel enclosure replaces a standard ceiling tile, and has a durable white textured powder coat to aesthetically match most ceiling tiles. The interchangeable door simplifies AP and antenna moves, adds, and changes without lifting ceiling tiles.
Note: The Wi-Tile 1046 series enclosure is designed to accommodate older, and typically smaller, Wi-Fi APs. As wireless standards evolve, APs are getting larger to accommodate more internal antennas. Oberon has designed the Wi-Tile 1047 series with a larger door to accommodate current and future generation larger APs. Oberon recommends the Wi-Tile 1047 for new installations, if future migration to larger APs is likely. For a ceiling enclosure equivalent in weight to the 1046 series, Choose the 1047-XXXX-LW series enclosure with lightweight aluminum backbox.
Explore Product Options
- Economical 2 x 2 ft. locking ceiling tile enclosure secures smaller APs from most vendors
- Attractive, textured, powder-coat finish matches many ceilings
- Interchangeable doors permit simple migration to new APs and antennas
- Enclosure back-box is an effective dust barrier to simplify ICRA procedure compliance
- Design: Economical ceiling tile enclosure designed for smaller APs with integrated antennas. AP mounts in interchangeable door. Fits into standard 2 x 2 ft. (U.S.) ceiling grid. Doors available for all leading AP vendor's models (see Oberon's Model 1046 configuration guide)
- Performance: UL listed for low voltage applications, and designed to meet NEC300-22 and 300-23 for plenum installations. OSHPD approved, OPM-0110-13. De-rate AP operating temperature range by 10°C when mounted in enclosure
- Locking, quick release interchangeable door for migration to other APs
- Firestop grommet for insertion into back-box, large enough for 2 Cat6A cables
- 1 in. trade size knockouts in four walls
- Construction: 20 ga. galvanized steel back-box. 18 ga. white, powder-coated steel flange and door. Solid back-box fills opening behind AP, creating an effective fire, smoke and dust barrier to simplify ICRA compliance
- Constructed to be compliant with City of Chicago Environmental Air (CCEA) plenum requirements
- Enclosure must be supported by the building structure, independent of the suspended ceiling, per NEC paragraph 300.11. Includes hanger wire
- Maximum weight inside enclosure is 25 lbs.
- Size: 23.75 x 23.75 x 3 in. (603 x 603 x 76 mm). Back-box is 12.5 x 12.5 x 3 in.
- UL 2416, Audio/Video, Information and Communication Technology Equipment Cabinet, Enclosure & Rack Systems
- CSA C22.2 NO. 60950-1-07 + Amd. 1 Amd. 2 Information Technology Equipment -- Safety. Part 1, General Requirements
- OSHPD Approval OPM-0110-13
- (1) Enclosure and Interchangeable Door
- (1) Mounting Bracket
- (1) Dual Cable Egress Firestop Grommet
- (1) 1 in. Trade Size Conduit Connector
- (4) Hanger Wires
- (2) Keys for Lock
- Access Point Attachment Hardware
- Installation instructions