The Census is In. What You and Your Peers Wanted to Know During BICSI Winter 2020.
February 19, 2020
The adrenaline rush is over for the Chatsworth Products (CPI) team and we’ve settled back into our daily routines as we’re one week out from the conclusion of the BICSI Winter Conference & Exhibition. But for you and your peers, now’s a great time to start putting all the learning you acquired into practice.
To keep the momentum going, we followed up with CPI staff and experts at the show to understand what most interested those of you that visited our booth, including your day-to-day challenges and successes. We also inquired about which products and solutions received the most attention.
Here is a recap of what you and your peers were most interested in learning more about, based on your daily challenges:
How Can I Support and Protect Equipment at the Edge?
With the evolution and growth of IIoT and IoT and the need for businesses to extend their network to the edge, IT teams are having to specify equipment for nontraditional spaces. In these cases, it's especially important to select cabinets and industrial solutions that can protect sensitive equipment from the elements, while also keeping that equipment cool.
RMR® Industrial Enclosures with Cooling Options
- CPI's RMR Industrial Enclosures provide primary protection of sensitive IT equipment in environments that are dusty, dirty and wet, and that experience wide temperature variations. That’s thanks to RMR’s completely sealed design when closed and IP- and NEMA-rated classifications, including NEMA 4X stainless steel seen here.
While the sealed design of industrial enclosures are great at keeping the elements out, that also means the potential of keeping the heat in—in which case, filter fans or cooling units are helpful additions to help ventilate and keep internal electronics cool. Proper selection is critical to ensuring high equipment performance and availability, and improved efficiency. RMR enclosures can be specified and purchased with the filter fan or cooling unit you need—and all under one part number using the CPI Product Designer
To learn more, review an Enclosure Selection Guide.
CUBE-iT™ Wall-Mount Cabinet
- The CUBE-iT Wall-Mount Cabinet is ideal for installers and IT teams challenged by space limitations or in areas where noise is an issue. Its three-part, swing-out design enables easy access to the front and rear of installed equipment, while enhancing security. The single lock and key on the front door provides access to the cabinet, and the internal latch mechanism—only accessible when the front door is open—secures the rear panel.
How Can I Achieve Effective, Simple Power Distribution?
The interconnected world is placing new demands on power management in data centers and beyond, and with rack densities rising globally, equipment monitoring at the rack level has never been so critical.
Next-Generation eConnect® PDUs
– these intelligent PDUs provide data center managers with all the information they need to make informed decisions when it comes to capacity planning, rapid deployment, reduced networking costs and regulatory compliance. And now, new and enhanced features add even more simplicity and efficiency to power distribution, while setting customers up for success as new compliance requirements go into effect in the new decade.
about how eConnect PDUs can help you achieve higher availability through effective power distribution.
How Can I Future-Proof My Network?
Business IP traffic is expected to grow exponentially. As a result, network engineers and IT teams are being challenged to ensure availability and speed of the network to business users. Understanding advancements in cable management and equipment storage—seen below—can help you prepare for upcoming network upgrades.
Pemsa® Rejiband® Wire Mesh Tray System
- The Pemsa Rejiband Wire Mesh Cable Tray is a complete, easy-to-install pathway solution that can be supported from the wall, ceiling, floor or from the tops of CPI Rack and Cabinet Systems. It features unique construction with a rounded safety edge along the top of each wire that protects installers and cables from getting cut. For corrosion resistance in wet environments, a proprietary, award-winning BLACK C8®
finish option meets resistance class IEC 61537 Class C8, while retaining the ease of bonding properties of traditional zinc-plated tray.
Motive® Cable Management System
– Featured for the first-time in the Cabling Skills Challenge at this year’s BICSI Winter event, the award-winning Motive Cable Manager is a highly versatile, fiber-friendly cable manager that includes tool-less accessories and many design elements that promote intuitive use, enhancing the user experience. The unique design of accessories provides numerous cable segregation configurations that allow for direct support of cables with optimal airflow through the cable manager, preparing networks for higher wattage in Power over Ethernet (PoE).
CPI featured many other popular products during the event. If you’d like to know more about what you saw—or what you missed—we’d be happy to host you at one of our global office locations or showrooms.
Thanks for giving us yet another opportunity to delight you, our customer during the event. We’ll see you next year.
Posted by Brittany Mangan, Digital Content Specialist at 2/19/2020 12:54:04 PM