Innovative Platform from RF Code Provides Facility Monitoring Via Private, Wire-Free RFID Network
AGOURA HILLS, Calif., April 20, 2020—Chatsworth Products (CPI) is pleased to announce integration with RF Code, a leading provider of critical asset tracking and protection solutions for data centers, further expanding the management capabilities of CPI’s eConnect®
intelligent power distribution units (PDUs).
With most businesses transitioning to hybrid networks that include a mix of assets located in enterprise-owned sites and colocation facilities, as well as some managed services and cloud environments, simplified capacity planning and asset management have become essential. CPI’s cabinet ecosystem approach brings cabinet support and eConnect PDUs together for an integrated solution that provides thermal management, power and environmental monitoring, and access control, which can then be pre-integrated with other third-party software solutions, including RF Code’s CenterScape, for enhanced reporting and data trending visualization.
Through CenterScape, facility and data center managers will be able to obtain PDU information to monitor conditions and power utilization at the rack and device level over a secure and private, radio-frequency, wire-free platform.
"CPI continues to build a powerful, flexible ecosystem through industry alliances. Integration with RF Code allows eConnect PDUs to be used by customers who value the intelligent monitoring capabilities of PDUs but prefer not to put them on an IP network" says Ashish Moondra, CPI’s Sr. Product Manager of Power, Electronics & Software.
“The combination of these two products will enable data center operators to take a proactive role in managing rack power consumption while maximizing efficiency, as well as rack capacity through the CenterScape Platform,” says Jonathan Luce, Sr. Vice President of Strategic Partnerships at RF Code. “Further, the integration utilizes actual power and correlating information from historical trends and other sensors, helping to maintain uptime while providing better capacity planning and optimal energy savings.”
This combined solution provides:
Download the technical sheet
- Granular metrics: eConnect PDUs provide rack or device-level power measurements
- Simplified load balancing: eConnect PDUs monitor phase balance in multi-phase power distribution
- Plug-and-play configuration: RF Code’s power sensor automatically detects supported eConnect PDUs when connected to the PDU’s Ethernet port
- Support for multiple PDUs: Each RF Code power sensor supports up to four eConnect PDUs when PDUs are linked using eConnect’s Secure Array technology
- Dedicated network: One-way communication gathers data from eConnect PDUs through a private radio frequency network
- Simple deployment: CenterScape software supports out-of-the-box configurations for PDU power metrics, alert and alarm notifications and includes customizable dashboards specifically designed for IT professionals
- Optimized capacity: the combined solution monitors use, allowing operators to know how much power capacity remains
for more information, and watch videos here
. For more information about RF Code’s CenterScape, visit the RF Code website