Powering and Protecting Your Technology Investment
From the data center to the edge, Chatsworth Products (CPI) is more than just a global manufacturer of products and solutions that protect your ever-growing investment in information and communications technology for IT and industrial automation applications. We’re a 100% employee-owned, U.S. based organization that's building a better digital future—one rack, cabinet and PDU at a time.
As a trusted business partner, we are uniquely prepared to respond to your requirements with global availability and rapid product customization, giving you a competitive advantage. With more than 30 years of experience engineering thermal, power and cable management solutions for the data center, enterprise networking and industrial enclosure markets, CPI is well positioned to provide you with unequaled application expertise, customer service and technical support, and a global network of industry-leading distributors.
100% Employee-Owned Company
CPI began in 1991 when 90 employees joined together and bought out a portion of the Dracon Division of Harris Corp. using an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). With deregulation in the telecommunications industry and technological innovation in voice and data equipment, CPI focused on the explosive needs of the information technology market to manage IT infrastructure equipment.
Employee ownership was the logical choice for the staff of CPI because involvement in the overall destiny of the company was in place at every level from the beginning. Through the ESOP structure, all employees become beneficial owners. Such ownership, combined with CPI's inclusive and participatory culture, motivate employees to think and act like owners, creating a strong commitment to the attainment of an ultimate and core purpose: delighting the customer.
As CPI enters its fourth decade as an ESOP company, we reflect with a sense of gratitude and pride at the success and growth we have experienced during our first three decades. Fueled by employee ownership, we have grown from a single location serving the domestic U.S. market, to a global company serving international customers from locations in Simi Valley, Calif; Georgetown and Round Rock, Texas; New Bern, N.C.; Toronto; Mexico City, Mexico; Buckinghamshire, England; Pudong, Shanghai; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; and Doha, Qatar.
Central to the company’s success has been the establishment of our unified Core Values:
- Forthright, ethical, and socially responsible
- Employee ownership: shared risks, responsibility, accountability and rewards
- Quality in all aspects of the company
- Adding value through people
- Teamwork, caring and commitment
- We’re all in this together – mutual trust and respect
||100% Employee Owned
||Over 2,000% since inception
||We're all in this together.
||Simi Valley, Calif.
Round Rock, Texas
New Bern, N.C.
State College, PA
||Simi Valley, Calif.
||Mexico City, Mexico
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jing’an, Shanghai, China
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
|Method of Distribution
||Network of global distributors
||Telecommunications, Data Center, Enterprise Networks, Colocation, Education, Health Care, Government and more
||ICT infrastructure solutions that protect your technology investment
CPI is committed to continually improving and promoting sound environmental practices. We believe that environmental protection is a strategic business issue and is in line with our social responsibility of corporate citizenship. CPI's environmental policy states that we will:
- Implement environmental protection initiatives and standards that meet or surpass our legal responsibilities under all laws.
- Wherever feasible, use resources to meet today's needs in a manner which does not adversely affect the environment.
- Seek to minimize any adverse impact of CPI operations on the environment.
- For normal operating activities, where feasible, purchase products which have the least, adverse impact on the environment.
- Develop and implement effective and efficient waste management programs.
- Act promptly to identify and correct any problems which pose an unacceptable threat to the environment.
- Promote environmental awareness with our employees and clients.
- Promote energy conservation within our buildings and equipment.
- Perform periodic environmental assessments which will evaluate the effectiveness of our environmental protection measures.