Being Thankful for Connectivity with a Cornucopia of Infrastructure Solutions
November 25, 2020
Tomorrow, family and friends in the United States and Canada will celebrate Thanksgiving. With an opportunity to reflect on all we have and are thankful for—including you—we also know 2020 has been a year unlike any other. As socially distanced precautions remain in place and encouraged, it’s no surprise that many of us will undoubtedly be using a myriad of digital devices to connect with one another while travel is limited.
If you’re a data center operator, you inevitably know the stakes are even higher when the demand for that data and that bandwidth means more video calls, text messages, streaming services and virtual last-minute shopping for Grandma’s famous pumpkin pie recipe ingredients.
At Chatsworth Products (CPI), we’ve worked with data center and edge network operators and providers to understand the challenges that impact reliability, performance, efficiency and ultimately, availability. In devising solutions, it’s not just one single piece of equipment or technology. It’s a holistic approach.
Think of the traditional Thanksgiving meal, or perhaps the pie itself. It’s not just the pumpkin that makes a good pie or the turkey that makes the meal. It’s those buttery soft rolls, that stuffing, those sides and fixin’s. It’s the pumpkin plus the spices and the whip cream. To put it simply, it’s the whole cornucopia (hey, it’s the holidays!)!
CPI’s Cabinet Ecosystem
The most effective and direct path to availability and reliability is promoting the cohesive integration between the cabinet, power distribution, access control, software and the facility itself—establishing a cabinet ecosystem the provides the foundation for simplified, reliable operation.
What Are the Benefits to Your Data Center?
- Support equipment: Secure and protect critical equipment in high-density environments.
- Control airflow: Reduce cooling costs and manage extreme heat with CPI Passive Cooling® technology.
- Organize cables: Ensure network integrity with minimal airflow interference.
- Manage power: Monitor and control power down to the individual device with CPI's intelligent Power Distribution Units (PDUs).
- Monitor the environment: Ensure equipment is safe from critical environmental conditions with CPI's environmental sensors and probes.
- Protect equipment: Protect critical equipment and data with CPI's effective, yet simple, RFID electronic locking kit.
- Optimize your system: Visualize trends of all activities in the room and cabinet in a single screen with CPI's simple, yet robust, Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software.
Continued efficiency requires focus to be on the data center as a whole. Our end-to-end room and cabinet-level solutions can help you:
Reduce Cooling Costs
Maximize Space Utilization
- Realize up to a 90% reduction in cooling and energy costs.
- Support 4x higher heat and power densities.
- Have higher Delta T's between the data center cooling air and exhaust air to improve the efficiency of CRAC units.
Optimize Your Site and Stay Compliant
- Deploy the latest servers, switches and blade servers from leading manufacturers.
- Design for future growth.
Speed Up Deployment
- Reduce network connection costs and installation time by linking up to 48 PDUs under a single IP address using standard Ethernet cables.
- Remotely program, monitor and control each cabinet access attempt and keep a log entry.
- Optimize key performance metrics such as Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE), power capacity planning and reporting.
- Customize a solution to meet unique application needs.
- Enable easy ordering and delivery with a factory-assembled cabinet solution.
In times like these, it remains our job and passion to help keep people connected through proven infrastructure solutions—solutions that can help you achieve greater uptime and availability so you can help all of us spend holidays like these connecting with those who matter most, sharing that meal, playing those games, watching those movies, laughing, loving and sharing joy wherever we may be.
To learn more, download the brochure
or visit our data center solutions page
Posted by Brittany Mangan, Digital Content Specialist at 11/25/2020 9:33:56 AM